Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My truck actually made it 1 hour on the trails last night!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Sep 8, 2003.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Just thought that I would share with you guys and gals that my truck actually made it out onto a local wheelin' spot last night. I took it easy, seeing as I havent been on trails since April, still need to learn my [lack of] power in the 350 and I STILL am not used to the bhydro assist being somewhat slow. My driving needs to adjust to all of this before I really start romping on it.

I did get the chance to burry the 42's in a loose hill climb, and somehow managed to bust out one of my bezels out of the grill. I'm all ready for the trail carnage in Fulton this coming weekend! BRING IT AWN! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Dan

2. redneck60164

redneck60164 1/2 ton status

where are the local trails around chicago?

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    my truck actually made it out onto a local wheelin' spot last night

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't your driveway get lonely? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

If it's the first time it's REALLY been out, remember to go around the truck with a torque wrnech and retighten everything that's managed to loosen, which for me was about every other bolt.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

We're going to be doing some wheeling in the Ottawa area here real soon Dan. You up for some rompin on your stuff? Definitely leave the trailer at home though...no trailer trash on our trails. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I was with dan and it was a cool thing to actually see his rig in action after all this time. It's one flexy good looking beast on a trail! I, on the other hand, attempted to stuff my truck between 2 trees on an atv trail and wrinkled the front of the passenger fender to the rear of the door. Guess before too long it'll be time for the desert tan carc paint, cause it looks like chit on my nice glossy blue paint! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

That desert tan paint wears like iron. I've scraped and dented mine and for the most part the paint won't come off. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Where did you spray yours at, brent? And do you think they'd rent a booth to me for a day?

8. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

My back yard. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif And sure I'd rent it to ya for the day. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Dan,

Talk to me about your Hydro Assist at the park this weekend. I'll speed it up for ya! Had to slow mine down a bit - I couldn't drive straight down the road!

See you boys there - and Yes, there will be carnage!