Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MY TRUCK AT THE NOPI DRAGS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89K1500Chevy, Jun 16, 2003.

1. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Aight we were going to run my buddys 1964 mustang but we broke a snap ring in his tranny so we had to leave it and drove 3 hours to the Drag strip and ran my truck in the open street class. Quickest time was 17.97 at 72.16mph on my 33 12.50 xterrains It was pretty funny the lady giving out the time slips thought it was cool. none of the ricers said anything to me about running i guess they knew i could park on top of their cars. There was a show bronco on 44x18.50s and a few v8 cars. I could have run better but my cat. convt. is at 200,000 miles and in 3rd gear wont let me go over 3000 which is at 70mph so i ran constant times. And my tranny kicks ass i was catching 2nd and 3rd gear down the track. What piss's me off is if i had run the Bracket 15 i could have at least got 3rd as only 2 hondas ran in that class I could have got 1st in the NOPI drags that would have been Oh yeah the bikini contest WAS /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif awsome very nice lots of hot girls. And they had a dyno there that was free for anyone racing or in the show but my truck couldnt fit on there with the wide tires so next year ill have the stock wheels and tires on my truck. A Dakota 5.9 R/T won that with 497 hp and 507lb it was supercharged and it would have gotten higher but threw the blower belt. And got to see a 4 banger break his on world record at 8.11 in the 1/4 at like 180mph(something around there) Overall it was fun and ill go back agin next year. www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

2. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

RICERS /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Its ok to go and look as long as you dont buy one /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

haha cool, i took my 4runner to the strip once... lost to my old heep 6 out of 6 times, but i was consistently faster than most of the ricers... 12.9s in the 1/8 woohoo race truck lol

4. 89K1500Chevy

on the time slip it had the 1/8 mile mark on it and it was like in the 11's or something. I was beating the little cars out the hole and most the way up the track but then there top end got me. Just wait till i get my headers and true duals. We thought it would be funny to have taken my buddys mom's mini van out there to beat them in that would have kicked ass.

5. 89K1500Chevy

Damn i forgot to tell more about the DYNO and the RICERS yes there were quite a few of them taking their cars on the dyno and when they saw there HP and TQ almost cried. I got this turbo and intercooler and blow off valve and blah blah 150 hp 170lb What thats not right blah blah blah And then when that dakota did they were like whoa. the girls promoting the Outlaw dyno were hot so i was over there most of time and one had on these pants that whoa..... its getting into some XXX stuff I wish i had a camara but mabey i can download it outta my brain and on to the com! Anyway the biggest hp in the 4 banger class was like 230 hp!

6. Confedneck

hehe my toyota has a turbo... but then again its still slow as piss LOL

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Wonder where that would put my wifes car in the brackets? She's got a Grand Prix GTP and according to a website and info I've read, these cars can do 13.0 second quarter-miles @ 100-something mph. in stock form. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The same place and info says that if a chip and exhaust were added, the car could do low, low 12's and over 110 mph. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif And thats with a damn family car with 4 doors!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Confedneck

GTP's are sweet!!! add boost, exhaust and a chip, you're well into the 12s...

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Went by the local dealership today and saw they just got in a brand spanking new '04 Grand Prix GT and it looked so damn very bad assed!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Eh, none of that stuff is fast anymore after you've seen John Force and Kenny Bernstein.
    I love breathing Nitro. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    If yer not running under 5 seconds, its not fast. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif