Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my truck farts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by colbystephens, Apr 24, 2006.

1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

so when i press on the accelorator pedal from any time when i have left my foot off of the pedal, my truck makes a rather fart-like noise from the front passenger side of the truck. this is only for low speeds, however. i had muddytazz take a listen and he noticed it sounded like it was coming from my d44, suggested perhaps i needed to tighten my wheel bearing bolts. just looking for other ideas as well. i attempted to do try his suggestion the other day, but didn't realize i would need snap-ring pliers and had to put it off for another day. if it makes a difference, this happens both in 2 and 4 wheel drive, hubs unlocked or locked in. any thoughts?

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

If your truck farts, feed it some bean-o man :haha:

Check those bearings out, cause I sounded like it was coming from that wheel.

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yeh, Id check the bearings.

Just fyi, you dont need snap ring pliers, regular set of pliers will get it off, and a little bit of pressure with your hand, and maybe the pliers, will get it back on. Now the outer snap ring, its a pain, my best luck has been with 2 little teeny tiny screwdrivers, one, that I put a 90* bend on the very tip, to hook the ring, and the other to keep it from spinning round and around

4. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

cool. i think i'll just pick up the pliers tho. trying to deal w/ snap rings and needle nose or small drivers pisses me off like crazy. :)