Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My truck is leaning. :(

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ryan B., Apr 23, 2005.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

So my truck is leaning to the passanger side like 1-1.5". :(
    I've had these 6" front skyjacker softride springs up front in my k5 for about 4-5 years. I've gotten 3' of air and broken off shock mounts but the springs have always held up fine..
    After a trip to frank raines a couple weekends ago, last week i noticed my truck is leaning to the passanger side bad... i got out the measureing tape... from the ground to the front spring bolt i have 1 1/2" difference. in the rear of the front spring, from the ground to the shackle bolt i have 1" difference between the left and right leaf spring. :crazy: and no i haven't let any fat chicks ride in my truck either.:rotfl:
    I was thinking i just need to go to hollister one of these next few weekends and concentrate on tweeking the drivers side spring hard so it will de-arch also. :blush:

So is it time to buy new leaves up front?

i'm pretty sure this is what killed my passanger side leaf spring:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  2. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Hmm.. Good question. I posted about this a few months back. My truck leans also, and on my right side. I dont remember the difference, but its visually flatter then my left spring. No fat chicks for me either, they have a hard time getting in, lol. There Skyjacker springs too. Its not a problem for me, just looks dumb sitting crroked. However, im not gonna get new springs, just do 4 link.

3. muscle

muscle 1/2 ton status

After swapping in 3/4 ton axles (14b sf/10b corp font) in place of the stock axles in my 84 jimmy I decided to add a leaf to the rear and a zero rate to the front. When I pulled apart the rear springs both sides had one broken spring inside the pack that I was not aware of or could see without taking them apart.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

You're probably picking up too many fat chicks at the mall again............... :D

5. muscle

muscle 1/2 ton status

... fat bottom girls make the rockin world go 'round :D

6. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Probably time for new leaf springs... when I get hard on the throttle it rolls until it hits the bumpstop and doesn't come back up until I turn.

7. FWP

FWP CRS

Welcome to leaf spring sag. Been there done that. If you pull the spring and measure free arch, more than likely they are 1-1.5 inches shorter than what they started out at.

On a side note, if you replace the front driveshaft, measure it with new springs installed. My front shaft was perfect with the sagged springs, put new springs on, and had the front shaft come apart today... :blush:

8. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ryan, my truck did that after every run. It sagged to the side that was used the most. If I flexed the right side out most it would sag to the right, worked out the left side, it would sag to the left... :blush:

9. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

So what your telling me is i need to go and tweek the drivers side spring really hard to equal it out.. just like i thought?
    or did you mean its time to 4 link it now? :crazy: