Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My truck issues

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cegusman, Jan 8, 2007.

1. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Finally got to wheel my truck this weekend after waiting for my new High Angle Driveline 42 degree c/v front shaft. What a work of art:bow:. Now for my problems. When a did a night run at one of our local wheeling parks, within 10 mins of wheeling I had all ready pulled the new front shaft apart.:mad: I guess running the 52's springs and the sm465/np205 combo is going to cause this. I think I will just have to run a limiting strap on the passenger side. That happened 3 more times before heading home. Right before I was going to leave I some how got talked to go through the log crawl/pit, I almost made it all the way through, but the last 20 foot got stuck bigger that sh!t. After winchfest 2007 ended, I was out. Ended up bending my M.O.O. Anti wrap bar. and bent my frame where the tcase crossmember mounts too.:doah:

Now my truck gets to be parked until I can afford to fix this sh!t.:(

2. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

Ouch Chris, sorry to hear about that. So can Jesse at HAD make your shaft with more slip? I know my front 42 degree shaft doesn't have much slip.

3. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Nope, He said that is one of the down falls of the 42 degree shaft, you lose some of the slip shaft. A limiting strap should help me out here. As for the other stuff back to some more beefing up.