Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My truck restoration job!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pookster, May 11, 2004.

1. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Clicky (in the restoration forum)

let me know what you guys think. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif (Dialup beware!)

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Wow ! Looks much better /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif What size tire are you comparing on the side there? 33" ? Looks good, keep us updated!

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Stock tire was 245's.
    The comparison tire is 35x12.5x15" (for sale). their 6 lug, the truck is 8 lug.

I knew I wanted bigger tires (even though its gonna be my tow rig, I needed to lower the RPM's down cause of the 4.10 gears+diesel). So when I bought the fenders (haemann) fiberglass fenders, I had always wanted the pre-runner look- so I got the 5" buldge in the rear and the 3" buldge for the front. The only problem Im having now is finding cheap and large 16" tires that are at least D rated.

4. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I can't think of anything worse that could be written on the side of a truck. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Good thing you saved it!

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

You think thats bad. Thats after I SCRAPED off the decals. That sjust the glue left behind. And I drove it like that for two months. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif