Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My truck still wont start, any ideas?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigoltrux77, Oct 29, 2002.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

My truck broke down awhile ago, i replaced the module, coil, plug wires, and plugs. Sunday i tried to turn it over and nothing happened. So i charged my battery overnight ad tired again, and all i heard was clicking. I took out the starter and made sure all the wires were hooked up. Put it back in and it turned over a few times. Then it stopped. And now when i try to crank it, i hear nothing at all. Whats the deal? I really need my truck to run. Thanks alot. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a bad solenoid to me...

Have you checked all of the associated wiring to ensure it is all squared away?

I would also try a known good battery, in case yours is beyond the point of no return.

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. MJB774X

MJB774X 1/2 ton status

first, sounds like your bat is bad or maybe there is a draw in the system. next time you crank it over check for spark, do this by sticking a screwdriver in one of the wire boots and holding it close (1/16") away from the exhaust man. or header then have someone crank the engine over, careful not to touch metal it will zap you, if you see spark between screwdriver and block your problem is elsewhere, if there is no spark first test the power wire going to the coil, do this by turnning key to running position and test with a test light, make sure to check battery with light first, if there is power to the wire the problem lies in the distributor, if no power is at the wire trace it back. process of elimination /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

Check your ground cable. I had a similar problem with my K30 not wanting to turn over. Everything in the truck would work ok, but when I turned the key the starter would click and then nothing would work. I finally found that the cable wasn't tight at the block.