Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My truck won't start either...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by XHitman396, Nov 10, 2002.

1. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

My truck won\'t start either...

ok, jus got the truck out of the shop a week ago, and im with a friend this mornin and we're goin to get some donuts, then all of a sudden the truck starts slowing down, i thought it downshifted, but soon realized it stalled, and after towing it home this is the scoop: recharged battery, new fuel filter, and checked pump, now ive got a good, strong crank, but no start, not even a sputter.. my dad said he checked but was not getting a spark to the plugs, any suggestions/ideas/possibilities, ways to check the distributor or coil would be helpful, thanks a lot...

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

Re: My truck won\'t start either...

first off get a louder exhaust system so you know when your truck des... j/k. sorry to hear about it happening like that.

see if your coil wire came off. how old is the coil? it might need replaced. if you dont have HEI get it. may or may not fix the problem, but it is a FAST EASY FAIRLY INEXPENSIVE upgrade. and i tell ya, a few years back i did. i will NEVER run points again.
    also if your coil wire is hooked up make sure it has power.
    thats just a start.
    Grant

3. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Is fuel flowing out of the injectors when it's cranking? If not, it's probably your distributor control module. Take off the cap & rotor, you'll see something held on by two screws with two wiring connectors on the distributor...take it off and take it to Auto Zone or Advance Auto parts...they can test it to see if it's bad.

4. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

i couldn't tell it died because i was cranking about 1,000 watts of stereo at the time /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif, thanks for the help, the coil is horrible, and i rekn we're takin in the distributor module tomorrow for testing, thanks again...

5. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Then I would check the fuses, you may have blown a fuse for the ignition.

6. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

This happened to my truck back in august. I t would crank over fine but then i would get no spark. take out he Ignition Module and take it to your local parts store and have them test it, if its faulty, then that is most likely your problem, also put an ohm meter on your coil and chekc for the right resistince . I hope this helps