Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My truck's previous job

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Polaris, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

My truck\'s previous job

We went mudding yesterday. Some guys we never met before, but they know another guy that goes with us, were along. The driver of the S10 Blazer approached me and asked if my truck used to be the Forest Co. Sheriff Dept's truck. I said yes, it said something about that on the title I guess. Turns out he owned it for about a month. He said it needed so much work that he just got rid of it. But, the reason my doors look like they were repainted is because they had to remove the police badges from them. Also the holes in the roof are from the light bar, and there were lights up in the grille too. The tranny was going when he bought it and also the front diff gears had to be replaced. I never knew if it was just some kind of a shop truck or what. I'm pleased that my baby has "served and protected" in it's former life. When/if I come up with a more suitable name, I think that it's police job should have something to do with it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Anyway, just wanted to share.

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

Re: My truck\'s previous job

thats pretty cool!wish i knew some history on my truck..id love to see a pic of it when it was near new! lol...

3. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

El'Polaris'icia' /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    The FuZZ

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's pretty kewl knowing the history of your truck. I got lucky and bought mine from the original owner (I'm the 2nd owner, and it's a 76) I got all kinds of paperwork with mine, and the original owner gave me the complete history. I have the original owners email address and we talk about the Blazer every now and then. He likes the pics I send him of what I've done to it. Dude's pretty cool. He's a rancher up in North Dakota. The Blazer was the first new vichile he ever bought. He took care of it. Last 10 years it was his, it sat in a barn more then anything else.

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea i cant wait to show the previes owner mine when its running and moving!! lol..and painted and all..lot different from sitting out in a field..damn i should have taken a pic of it sitting there...allthough i do have a pic of it hooked to the back of my dads truck when we brought it home. all i know is that mine origianly came form Hallman chevrolot.

6. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

i am the third owner of the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif. the second owner only had it a few days cuss he got it with a business deal. he didn't need it so he sold it to me. he said the original owner used it as a ranch truck since the beginning. i guess the rancher didn't take care of it cuss its fallin apart on me. lol. maybe it was me? hmmmmmmmmmm. lol. later.

jacob