Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My turn at the exhaust shop

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Yukon Jack, May 24, 2005.

1. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Jul 25, 2002
    Drove the K20 to the exhaust shop, American Muffler, and they are doing their magic as we speak. Truck is running pretty rough, back firing or missing so I've got a problem to figure out. Not good as I know nothing about motors. I was sweating driving it as I could just see getting stranded.

Stayed up last night til 1 am getting the passenger door guts installed and getting both doors to latch shut. Figured that would be handy not having the doors fly open driving down the road.

Can't wait to hear how the exhaust sounds. The system is planned to be 3" from the headers to the x-pipe, then 2 1/2" to Dynomax UltraFlo's and continues as 2 1/2" pipe dumping at the rear of the flatbed angled down slightly.
  2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    hahaha ya keeping doors shut is a good idea hahahhaa

Sounds like a good plan you have :xmas:

Maby the new exhaust will help with the way it is running?
    You know how to check for vacum leaks around your crab right, using carb cleaner while running. I would start there and timming..OH shoot I have to check my timming...gonna write that down hahahaha
    Good Luck my Brotha