Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My turn to pester you Stephen

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Grim-Reaper, Mar 12, 2001.

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I'm not real thrilled with my front springs. I bit to stiff for my taste. I also noticed that the lift seemed to move my axle back about an inch but according to Rancho and the shop I bought them from it is correct. They say 27 inches is correct and center of the spring. The drive shaft is bottoming out.
    The Shop also ordered me the wrong springs. I wanted Baja's for the softer rate and I got the standards with the 520. They said they would exchange but want more money and I know I already paid more than the EZ's. They are not getting another cent from me and hopefully they will take these back.
    Ok my questions. I want the front axle moved foward about an inch. What is the center the EZ's run? I want to see a center of about 26 inches from the front. This will keep me from having to cut anymore on my truck on 33's It will move me far enough foward so I'm not bottoming the drive shaft. Right now I have put a bump stop extension in to keep from damaging the truck and to deal with still not having my extended shock mounts on.
    I guess cause I'm an over builder I need to stay with the HD's to keep the front. One of your previous posts said the HD's were 320 but I read on the Tech page here they are 395. Thats still much softer than what I have. What spec is correct?
    Ok for the rear...I'm about an inch low with 2 overloads. Thats with 2.5 inch Rancho's in the front. Really don't want to add a block but that looks like where I'm headed. I have a set of 86 springs on my 75 with a flip and very happy with the flex but again I run heavy. I have kids so all my gear is behind the back seats in a 48x20x 18 steel under bed box (security when I have the top off). Silly thing sits level with either the top off or the box empty haha. What does a set of 1 inch blocks run with U-bolts? Are they square? Most blocks seem to have some wedge shape to them but I need 0 wedge. My Pinion angle is where I want it. I had cut off and welded on new purches to get the correct angle when I did the flip and run vibration free with a full time truck.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/>http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/</A>

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I just measured a TCI spring and the pin is centered at about 23.5" from each end. That's measuring straight line, not along the spring. With a 33" tire, you may have to do some minor trimming for full flex clearance on the front, but that's about it.
    Their advertised rate for a HD spring about 320lb/in. Not sure where 395 came from.
    Are you sure about the 26-27" measurement? That would be about right for a 52" REAR spring.

Anyway, on the rear, the block kit is currently $30, and the ubolt kit would run $30 also. The blocks are cut square, so they won't mess with your angles. You might get the springs changed before you mess with the rear again.......

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Don't know where I got the 27 from. Sounds like all the brands use the same measuement for the pin (dead center the spring). Really wish these companies would give us a center pin choice. 1 inch foward sure would save me some trouble. Improves driveline angle and most importanly gives better body clearence where it counts.
    Were you able to get the disconnects out The day I called? Looking foward to giving them a run and see how they do. My sway, because of the angle it was at with the lift, was giving me a bad bump steer problem so I never bothered to hook it back up. Since it was a play truck I just lived with no sway because it only saw the hwy a couple days a month. Way too much sway when it's a daily driver. Spilled my coffee twice! hahaha.
    Hay you get any stickers made yet? I have 2 of your products now and so happy with them I wouldn't mind having your stickers on my truck. Your products have been top notch.
    It's cheap advertisement for you.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/>http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/</A>

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We're working on some relocation leaves, maybe another month?
    I don't know your real name (might have before, but don't now, grrrr) but we're not usually backed up on the disconnects, so they should be on the way.
    believe me, when we finally get some stickers done, we'll post it here and on our site.
    Thanks

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD