Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MY TURN..........

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jakeslim, Dec 31, 2002.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

To #@$%^ gripe!
    Ok, I have worked on my distributor for two weeks. You may have read my post about the bad Mallory(new) and then I had trouble with the replacement MSD distributor. NOW...the $% stupid Heater core is busted. DOES IT EVER END. Well you might say that this is minor? Well it is, BUT............I decided to bypass the heater core(leakiing) by disconnecting and running from radiator directly to manifold. WELL....when I started the k5, it started just fine because the two weekends of work I put into distributor problems was resolved. I always check the exhaust when I work on cars because it is kind of a thermometer for how the engine is running. I noticed that it was a bit white from both sides(dual exhaust). I shut her down and check the oil dipstick. YES, COOLANT IN OIL. It is dark, getting colder and I don't need this. I drained oil(AND COOLANT) from engjne, tightened manifold(hoping that it was just loose and filled with fresh oil. Started back up for a couple of minutes. Drained oil and filter again. NOW I SIT HERE. I obviously need to replace intake manifold gaskets and reseal. DOES IT EVER END.

2. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I would really like to give you some hope but I would be lying to you. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    And this comes from a man that had to replace his transfer case then his tranny and now I'm having to replace my rearend. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Eric

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

this k5 stuff is truly a love/hate relationship....and costly.

4. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

I have yet to get the intake on my crewcab to seal worth a damn. The intake's been swapped out twice (thinking maybe they get porous) and the whole engine's been re-gasketed, so a total of three intake gaskets - and it still leaks.

At least its to the outside, and not into the engine /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

It's called "Tough Love"......

A 25-year old truck is going to have problems, and unfortunately you just have to "spend your way" through it.

I'm doing the same thing on my 31 yr old K5....so I know the feeling.

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif