Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My twin stick awnser!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Wally81k5, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Wally81k5

Wally81k5 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

This is the bushing i made to hold the two shifters! Man does it ever look good (on thumpers old 205 on the garage floor). All the shifters are made, just have to get the 205 this weekend and grind the shift rail.

Anyone ground theres here? Just looking for some pointers..

Ryan

the throu hole should be in dashs and the ends closed, for those who like a proper tech drawing.

2. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

I'm in the middle of a 205 rebuild. I just ground my rail down a couple days ago using a scan of a fourwheeler article someone posted. can't tell you if I did it right, don't have it back together yet. The amount they showed to grind away and the amount they actually did grind appeared different in the photos in the article. other than that it was pretty easy. I took the idea from someone on this site to thread the knockout holes for the shift rail pins and use stainless plugs instead. post some pictures of your shifter when you get a chance, I need to fab that next.

3. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

DukeBoy88 before you install your TC you can bench test it by shifting it in the various gears and see if it works by holding the imput shaft and trying to turn the output shafts. Hate to see you get all back in and find it needs to be ground some more.

4. XtrmChevy

XtrmChevy 1/2 ton status

Maybe I ground too much because I was able to put it in low front and hi rear at the same time. Had to put the flatiron (modified) back between the rails to avoid damage.

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe I ground too much because I was able to put it in low front and hi rear at the same time. Had to put the flatiron (modified) back between the rails to avoid damage.

[/ QUOTE ]
    As long as you don't do this and try and put power to the box you'd be fine. And for theft protection could you see some one trying to drive away in it when they were like that, front axle low range/ rear axle high range. Wouldn't get to far for sure. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what all the instruction I hace read warn you about.
    I believe you could lay on some welds and regrind to fix that problem.

7. Wally81k5

Wally81k5 1/2 ton status

okay... how much is tooo much. I have heard the detents should be extened by 7/16 each, hard slope on the end one and gentle in the inner one...

any conformations on this info? I dun wanna screw dis up..

Ryan

8. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Scans from a Peterson's artical I put on my site a long time ago...
    Page 1 Page 2

9. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Can those shift rails that need ground be removed with the case in the truck? Or will have to be removed from the truck to happen?

Mike

10. Wally81k5

Wally81k5 1/2 ton status

Hey mike, where you have a boy lift you may be able to do it. There are no real big tools needed to get that pin out.

We should try it in the truck anyways. Might be less work though to just drop it. Lemme get the sticks done and we'll do er up..

oh yeah driveline brake mike?! Simple man...

Ryan

11. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well all the instructions I have read say, it varies from Tcase to T csae so go in small increments and try, untill it works.
    /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif