Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Ultimate Adventure ---details upon a safe return---

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by juanblzer, Jul 28, 2004.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Well...
    I drove my blazer from my home in Chino Valley, AZ (about 1.5 hrs from PHX) to Fairplay, CO. I don't run a soft top, doors, rear floor, or rear fenderwells by the way. I made good time but hit rain about 90 miles from Fairplay. Rain really sucks on the inside of a windshield!
    I made it to my buddy's house (fairplay is near Breckenridge) and quickly went wheeling when the rain let up and I dried off. I cracked my fuel cell on a weld within an hour of fireroading.

I repaired the crack with JB weld quick and it held for the next part of my trip. Two days later I blasted off for Denver and finally Montana (all in one day). I was followed by CHP for about 5 miles after giving a lady the finger. SHe started honking her horn and then pulled over when she saw an officer on the side of the road. I guess she probably told him I was driving erratically or something but he never did stop me.
    I later arrived in Bozeman Montana that same day.
    Changed my oil, fuelfilter, aircleaner and RainX'd the windshield on both sides while in Montana.
    Two days later I left MOntana via Yellowstone NP and traveled through Idaho, and most of UTah on my way to MUley's house in SLC.
    Left Muley's at 5:30am
    ran out of gas just south of Page, AZ (they declined my card after fill up in Gap, AZ) After about two hours of phone discussions I finally took off towards my home. Meanwhile gas has started leaking in a major way and I had to buy soap to rub on the hairline crack in the fuel cell.

Overall, the trip was great fun. I wish I had a copilot but I did what I had to do. I drank over 20 Rockstar energy drinks and chewed two cans of Tobacco (which I never do) to stay awake on some of the stretches of hiway miles. I bought a cowboy hat in Wyoming after my bucket hat flew off and then that cowboy hat decided to fly off in Montana.
    All in all I did this without mudflaps, a speedo, a tach, a hardtop or softtop, doors, a tailight (for most of the trip to Montana), and most sanity.
    I'd do it again in a heartbeat. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I did have to tighten my exhaust manifold bolts on the return trip from Montana and I also had to tighten my oxygen sensor. I ran it with the pedal to the floor most of time on this trip and averaged (I'm guessing) at least 90mph the whole trip. I never was pulled over once.

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif .... sounds fun!

Marv

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

You rebel Juan.... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

No that sounds like an awesome trip! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you had a ball. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    But what are you going to do the rest of your summer??

6. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

The rest of my summer...?
    The school year has begun for teachers as of yesterday. The highschool kids start next Monday. Combined with summer school I only had about a 3wks off. Oh well, I can look forward to having 2 weeks off in Oct., a few days in Nov., Christmas break (2wks) and two weeks in March (Costa Rica surf trip here I come!). Oh, and I'm not driving to Costa Rica. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

hehe /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Forgot you guys do the year round thing, only feels like Arizona around here lately. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif