Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my upcomming trip to Iraq....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Seventy4Blazer, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

just got a lot closer.....

i was on pre deployment leave till tuesday. drove eveything i own to boise id and then to eugene or and dropped it off at my folks house.

flew into san diego on monday night, hit the bar, went back to the barracks and then to work the next morning..... it was gonna be a long day, i could already tell... 2 hours sleep, a fifth of whiskey thenight before.... yeah, long day....

so i announced it... eveyrbody looked at me like iw as silly and then agreed with big grins on thier face... the reason is about a week ago tuesday, while i was on leave, my unit found out they were going to have to trade me to another unit because some dumba$$ couldnt keep the sex to just his wife and decided to bring in a woman from the squadron. so, in order to remove HIM from the situation i am now deploying with a unit i know nobody at, and leaving monday/tuesday time vice around the 23rd of september.

so, lets see here, in the past 6 months i have moved 4 times, transfered 2 units, tried to give the divorce my cheating wife wanted to her to get "im going to contest it" as an answer, evicted my rentor and have nobody i the house as of any time soon, and killed my dually....

this is the second night for me that i have been sober... in like 8 months, i have a headache because i dont have any alcohol in my system, i have no ride because i left my dodge in oregon, and i have to mail a ton of clothes back because the chriteria of items to be taken to iraq with the unit im with now is 180 out from what i was going with....

i guess the only real good thing that has happened to me is i bought my dodge 2 months ago.... and cant drive it.

all i can say is this, 2 years, 2 montsh and 11 days. then im a "free" man.

ill be on a couple of times here and there before i leave, but once im gone it will be few and far between.
    yu guys an gals are great. see ya when i get back.
    Grant

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Good luck, Grant...

Everything will work out for the good, I'm sure... But for now, go over to Iraq, kick some ASS, and come back safe /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Seventy4Blazer

thanks man. im just kinda tired of this crap. been going on to long. JUST get settled into a mindset and way of living and thenthe next thing ya know BAM! kicked in the nuts.
    ehh, life goes on.
    thanks again, and ill be back safe.
    grant

4. FWP

FWP CRS

Stay safe man, come back in one piece... We have wheelin to do /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. Seventy4Blazer

we.. I have to finish my rig first... ill be taking donations..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

ill be back man. and if im divorced then i will be swinging through AZ on my way from oregon to cali.. kinda the long way, but i dont like simple in most aspects.
    Grant

6. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

you know if u need anything u have my number. give ma a call and Ill help u out. If theres some stuff u cant take care of b4 u leave let me know and ill take care of it.

Nick

7. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Gotta love those last-minute pre-deployment personnel changes... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Good luck and stay safe over there brother.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Be safe.

9. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

God Speed Grant!
    I look forward to drinking with ya soon /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I tip my glass to you. I hope things are better when you get back. If nothing else, think of it as a little break from the BS.

BTW, isn't there a law or an act that prohibits creditors from collecting debt while you're deployed?

11. Seventy4Blazer

[ QUOTE ]
    God Speed Grant!
    I look forward to drinking with ya soon /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    im going to the bar tonight and going to have to be carried out.. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    Grant

12. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Good luck and take care of yourself! Post up when you get a chance and let us know what you would like sent over in care packages for you and your new unit, and how we should address packages. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

13. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Bring yourself home in one piece man!

You're in our thoughts and prayers /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

14. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Yes, please take care and come home in one piece /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

I second Shaggy's sentiment -- give us a mailing addy and I will send you some cookies!

I sent some over to one of Bubba's friends and I think he survived my baking /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You be safe and come back to us /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif My wife found out her best friends husband is going too , hes an MP ( dog handler ) . When you get back and come through AZ , let me buy you a beer when I finally get to meet you ........... if Marv don't beat me too it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

16. Seventy4Blazer

ill get the address monday. i have yet to get it for my folks as well.. OOPS

and as for a beer in AZ... lets get some whiskey and go wheeling.. :P

thanks folks. i appreciate it.
    Grant

17. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

Good Luck Grant... take care over there and be safe... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif We'll toast one up when you get back /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

18. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Makes me think of this Shakespear quote.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more,
    Or close the wall up with our English dead!
    In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
    As modest stillness and humility;
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger:
    Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood.
    William Shakespeare, "King Henry V", Act 3 scene 1

Take care, and watch your ass!

BTW, thanks for serving. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

19. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Come back alive, have as much fun as possible, try and keep your spirits high, and thank you

20. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

good luck Grant... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif