Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My venture to Myrtle Beach this past weekend.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Apr 23, 2003.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yep, went to Myrtle Beach over Easter.

That was my first mistake. It normally takes 45 minutes to get there. Friday it took almost 2 hours because of traffic, and this is on a 4 lane highway. Crazy man.

I took my girlfriend with me. We had a blast even though the sun didn't shine until Sunday when we were leaving. That's about the norm for me when I go to the beach. We went out to eat at Dick's. That place is the best.

Went and cruised the strip in hopes of seeing another K5. Saw none. I was the only person representing CK5 the whole weekend. Cruising the strip was my second mistake. Took 30 minutes to go one block. Crazy man.

Never realized how informative this site is until I got down there and saw how many trucks were running big tires on 1/2 ton axles.

Saw a mid-90's Ranger on 38" Boggers with the stock axles under it. No front driveshaft and muddy. ?!

An early 70's F-150 on 44" TSL's on 1/2 ton axles.

A Z71 with about 20" of lift and 44's. He was making them look small. Thought it was a pretty cool truck until he turned and it keeled over to the point of almost rolling. I got scared.

My only salvation came on Saturday. It was an orange late 70's Bronco running 44" Boggers and 1 ton axles. Looked just like my truck only bigger and beefier. Flying the Confederate flag and arm stuck out the window waving back at me, he was definitely cool.

The pimpest ride was the Escalade on 22" Sprewells. Didn't have anything else done to the truck but the wheels. Probably didn't have any money left after buying them.

2. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you had a good time regardless. I know what you mean about the knowledge gained from this site. I stopped by & looked at an 80 K5 the other day. Looked really impressive from a distance. Got up close to see the stock axles & a drive shaft angle that doen's look like it'd actually turn. The worst is some young kid will scramble for the $$ to buy it & nearly kill himself because he doesn't know any better. It's just wrong!!

My Burb may look like s**t, but it sure goes pretty much wherever I point her!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Try going to Cape Hatteras area some time.Unless they've closed it lately there's several miles of beach and sand to play in up there.Not as crowded either. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif