Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My very own "You might be a redneck if" - With a PIC

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Can Can, May 30, 2005.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

You might be a redneck if you use your travel trailer as a ladder.......:crazy:

I had a few dead branches hanging over the driveway about 16 or 18 feet off the ground. They had been bugging me for the last little while, and when I hooked up to my old trailer to pull it to it's new location on the property, a little light went off in my head.

Here's a pic of me with my trusty Husquvarna delimbing from the roof of the old Vanguard. Notice that at least I used a REAL ladder to climb on top of the trailer:

[​IMG]

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    "You Might be a Redneck" if you cut branches on the way into a spot that you may never move the trailer again! "Dude, where's my car?" :D

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

you might be a read neck if you stop to trim your trees from the roof of your old house while moving it to make room for your new house.......

4. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I used my ambulance for a ladder to hang Xmas lights on the front of my house. Just backed er up to the house, climbed on top and started hanging. For the eaves, I just set my extension ladder on top of the ambulance. I got a lot of funny looks from neighbors, and passing pedestrians, but I got the job done.

5. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Hey...It's nice to know I'm not the only one whose done that! :blush:

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I use my van...

I have to use my van in my garage to climb up on to change the light bulbs!--since it has a ladder on the back door,all I have to do is climb up and get on the roof and stand up,and the lights are just close enough to reach!...I hate climbing or working on a ladder,so I use my van or truck as a rolling scaffold a lot--I painted the endwalls af my shop,and the shutters on my house using it that way!..got paint splattered on it though!--next time I'll use a tarp over the roof! :blush: :crazy:

I like the "redneck" jokes...like "Honey,can you move this transmission??--I wanna take a BATH!... :rotfl:

7. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Well, it's a lot more stable than a ladder, so it made sense to me. The tallest ladder I have out there is a 10 foot stepladder, and I'll be damnde if I'm gonna stand on the top of that sucker with a running chainsaw in my hands.

One of these days I'm gona have to break down and buy me a quality 24' extension ladder.

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i stand in the bed of my truck(and move it everyonce in awhile) to cut the shrubs.MY neighbor carlos on the other hand is a nut.a year ago i was wrench ng in JR and i looked nextdoor :yikes: there was carlos on a 10/12 pitch roof.with his ladder on the peak cutting a branch.i grabbed a beverage and sat to watch.he cut everything he wanted and did not fall.????crazy bastage. :laugh: :laugh: