Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my web site TheAntiTruth.com

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ross, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Ross

Ross Registered Member

i just got my site up and running and wanted to know what you think
    http://www.theantitruth.com/
    thanks for any input.

2. MXmastermike

MXmastermike 1/2 ton status

well, the only thing there is an empty forum and a couple links, so i cant give high regards. and the premise seems a bit silly.

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

ummmmmmmmmm..... What's that supposed to be about??? The little story about smoking was a bit hard to follow too /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

What he said...

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Smoking is just too cool. (I say as I sit here w/ a cig in the ash tray so I can type this) I started smoking when I was 15 or so, now I am hopelessly addicted to this sh!t. I have tried to quit, after about 4 hrs I get real edgy, at 6 hrs I start to bite the heads off of anyone that even looks in my direction. Smoking is great stuff.

Ive watched my grandfather tote around an oxygen bottle for the last 3 yrs becase he smoked. Starting about a month and a half ago I got to watch Papa start to cough up the linings of what was left of his lungs. The last week of his life was total hell for him (as well as us) as he gasped for air trying his best to breathe to stay alive. He died on Monday morning March 18th 2002 at 9:58 AM.

Yeah smoking will make you cool. ROOM TEMPERATURE!!!!!!

So as I sit here, preparing to go another round at the patch, knowing what its gonna be like, and what I am gonna go thru as I go thru withdrawls, do you REALLY want MY opinion on your site?

6. Pure Insanity

Oh yeah, would you like to hear about my grandmother who is now carrying an oxygen bottle also. She was diagnosed w/ cancer 8 months ago, has come close to dying 3 times and barely comes thru. Chemo therapy has been TONS of fun for her. She has been confined to a wheel chair since about 2 weeks before Papa died because she is so weak.

Cmon....do ya REALLY want my honest opinion of that waste of space on the internet?

7. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

While I acknowledge that those "Truth" commercials are ludicrously annoying wastes of money, going against them is a complete waste of time - why? Because the government in all of it's "caring" figured out how to make my formerly $1.25 can of Copenhagen cost $4.68, and use those profits to make annoying commercials. Yeah, tobacco is bad - I know it, but it also is so damned hard to quit. One day I will - and I would like it to be out of my own volition, not because a bunch of brainwashed teenagers (many of whom actually advocate smoking marijuana - Duh! inhaling smoke is inhaling smoke!!) tell me I should.

8. Ross

Ross Registered Member

no i do not think smoking is cool and in fact i hate smoking and think it is dumb, i just hate the truth commercials and i am sorry if i afended any one and to pureinsanity i am sorry that your grandfather died from smoking.

i am not even close to being done with the site and it really is no t about smoking , i truly am sorry if i afended any one.

9. Pure Insanity

I wasnt offended, it just rubbed me the wrong way.

Make your intentions more clear. The site comes across Pro smoking and aimed at kids.

I have already responded to this twice but I am having connection problems for some reason, so I am gonna move on before I get booted again.

10. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

so did you pull something from the site because of a couple of PC drones here?
    I see nothing

11. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I wasn't offended, I just didn't get it. But post back when you update it so we can check it out then.....