Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My weekend at work(pics dail-up beware)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by blazd88, Aug 8, 2005.

1. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

Finally after 5 months I got to go back racing. In april we had a small accident on the end of a runway due to the parachute getting caught in the wheelie bars and a bent pushrod. So we had to rebuild and dyno the motor as well as have the whole car put back together and painted. We get started on the shell of a car last sat. and left thurs. night at 12 to go racing at san antonio race way The car is the most beautiful it has ever been. Andy Stapp at Stapp Extreme did a remarkable job with the paint and body. Sunset Racecraft build one hell of a 665. So what if we only made it two rounds we are a little out of practice but it was a blast even if it was 102 at 70 percent humidity.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Is that your car? What kind of car is the body modeled after? 655 cubic inches? :bow: :bow: :bow: What kind of tranny do you use? rear end?

3. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

The car is a(or modeled after) a 63' split window corvette.The engine is a big chief 665 with a nos fogger kit adjustable from 250-550 horsepower. On the dyno it made 1300 horsepower so you do the math lol. The tranny is a powerglide with transbrake. Rearend is a ford 9" with all the goodies as well as top alchohol 34x17x16 goodyear slicks. I only wish i owned this car but i take pride in being involved in building it and racing it. The car this weekend on motor only went 7.79@175mph in the quarter. It has been a 7.04@196mph but that was with the old 632( and a little spray). This motor is expected to go a 6.70 at hopefully over 200mph thats our goal before the end of the season. the most impressive part is the cars consistancy. Every pass this weekend was between a 7.69 to a 7.84 (8 passes).

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

wow thats a tight time brackit~!

are you the driver, or what do you do with the team?

and what is the life expectancey of the moter this season? (hours/miles)

5. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

So the 1300hp was all-motor? Niiice...
    Nice paint and bodywork, too.

Gotta admit though... I don't like seeing the delay boxes and air-shifters in the cars. Not bagging on your team - I just don't like it that the rules allow these things to be used. IMO, they take a lot of the driver's skill out of the race. Consistency is a lot easier to achieve when the fancy thinkin' box controls your launch rpm, shift points, N2O staging, etc...

6. google

google 1/2 ton status

pfffttt!!! It doesn't even have air conditioning.....

That motor sure is purdy :eek1:

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

wow I'd give my left nut to beable to work on a car like that. You are one lucky man! Thanks for answering my questions

8. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You'd prob get better traction if you hook up the front driveshaft. :haha:

Sweet ride man! I love the smell of horses smokin rubber on the track. :bow:

9. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

no i wish i was the driver. i do get to drive it off the trailer and warm it up. i would get to make a pass in it but the car is designed around a 5'6" driver and im 6'2" so i dont fit so well. im basicly the crew chief (and cook) we get the motor freshened after every season. but it could go longer but when you have 35k$ invested in a motor you cover all your bases.