Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My weekend project(s)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigcat44, Mar 14, 2005.

1. bigcat44

bigcat44 Registered Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Friday night comes and I decided to finally tear apart my front hubs and install my new bearings and seals. After pulling off the front pass wheel I notice the brake caliper was on finger tight, get to the first hub nut and that too is on finger tight. The last place that the rig was at was the local GMC dealer. So go figure, those bearings were shot. I change them out and re-grease everything while I am there (U-Joints looked great) get to the other side where everything is nice and tight and those bearings looked perfect. I changed them anyways. Saturday, I changed all my crappy Rancho shocks that were old, leaking, and rusty. I used the Gabriels from Autozone. I then installed my ORD zero rates and leveled out the rear. I did all of this with the help of my 2 neighbors and we made a party out of it!! While I was under the rig I noticed a little leakage coming from the aft seal of the transfer case where the driveshaft enters, does anyone have any p/n for these seals or bushings? I also installed my new Dunlop 35 MTRs. I'll snap some pics tonight. I am now toying with the idea of a new engine as my valve seals are starting to leak a bit on start up...looking at going to a 454TBI...it's all my neighbors fault!!