Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My weekend!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hunterguy86, Mar 22, 2006.

1. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Well this passed weekend was awesome! My girlfriend, my 3 best friends and I went to the beach down in Port Aransas. On the way down I learned that Overdrive is useless with 35's, 3.73 gears and a 305. The blazer did ride really smooth though.

We left San Marcos and stopped in San Antonio and picked up 2 cases of lonestar, a 6 pack of natie tall boys and a 6 pack of miller lite. We also had about 12 beers left over from the night before.

We got down to the beach about 1 or 1:30 or so and hung out with some friends and drank some beer.

Later on I ran into my cousin who has a 96 tahoe with a 6 inch lift. He was hangin out with us down at the beach. He started his truck to take off when he found he had to breaks. I got to lookin at it and the drivers side front SS break line had a hole in it and he lost all fluid. Of course we had no spare lines so I had to rig a patch to to keep fluid in the line. I took off the damaged line and plugged it by clamping a piece of fuel line to the hard line. I slid a piece of tube I had over the rubber line to keep it from expanding and then slid a bolt into the end of the fuel line and clamped it down. We then bled the brakes. During this time I got all kinds of free beer from people cause I was workin on the truck which was kinda cool. The patch held enough to get him off the beach and back to the hotel. The next day we were able to get across the ferry to the next town to get a stock line to put on.

The fun really started when we got back. We had to go get another 18 pack of natie cause we were bout out of beer. We hung out at the pool and met a lot of people. We got a lot of free beer too.

The next morning we got up and packed our stuff and headed out. We had a bit of a wait at the ferry but not to bad. We stopped at O'Riellies in Aransas Pass and got a stock line and another caliper bolt, cause one was missing. I replaced the parts, bled the brakes and got him on the way.

We stopped off in Victoria and visted with my folks and then went back to San Marcos.

Here are some pics from the trip:

[​IMG]

Me Driving to the beach

[​IMG]

The Buddies!

[​IMG]

My k5

[​IMG]

Another view of her.

[​IMG]

My Cousins Tahoe.

[​IMG]

Me and my friends.

[​IMG]
    This is me holding the patch I made to get us to the parts store.

2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Nice cowboy boots and shorts! "You might be a redneck if....".:D

John

3. hunterguy86

Haha yeah :D Thats just how we are I guess. My friend ian got hit on by some girls cause of it though, so IDK.

4. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

Only in Texas will you see Cowboy boots and surf trunks with a cowboy hat to boot(no pun intended)... Reminds me of my cousin from Magnolia Texas. LOL... Used to live in Port Boliver and wore that stuff all the time..:haha:

5. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

You bastard. Had to get a Whataburger cup in the pic and now I'm dying for one.

6. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

LOL... I will be in Texas from April 7th through the 16th. And i am positive i will be at Whataburger a few times. LOL... If anyone wants to meet up I will be in Hockley/Magnolia area as well as down around Texas City

pm me for my number or just speak up...

7. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

So where are the pics of the girlfriend (you know it was bound to be asked sooner or later)?

8. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

My thoughts exactly...I'm running down to SA for NIOSA in late april...maybe I could overnight you a Whataburger A1 thick and hearty double meat, double cheese combo....:D

9. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Don't forget the jalapeno on the side!!!:D

I took one of my friends from here down to Padre Island and he was wondering what the hell the "want a jalapeno with that?" was all about.

10. hunterguy86

Whataburger is the sh*t. We ate there a lot this weekend.

[​IMG]