Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My wheeling day (pics)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blazn83, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Blazn83

Blazn83 Registered Member

Got out of school, and decided to get some of my buddys to go wheelin with me. It was my Blazer, a mid 90's F-150 on 33's, and a 98 Silverado with a 3" Torsion lift. Another friend was supposed to come with a 96 Ram on 37" Mud Grapplers, but couldnt make it. Anyways, on with the pics...

Kept it in 2wd the whole time. 4wd is cranky.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (note location of rear spoiler... haha)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After that we all went out to dinner, and started talkin about some more places to go. One of my old friends with a Super Duty on 38's took us back to a hole in the next town over. I filled up the Blazer after eating, and headed to the new hole. We get there, and pull in. Lock the hub, and keep it in 2wd. Get a few yards in, and just stop, dead. reverse, and get some running speed. Nothing. We decide to try and back out, but we get high centered in the ruts. On top of that, my 4wd wouldnt engage. After about 15-20 minutes of rocking, and such, we finally decided we were stuck. We call a friend with a Silverado on 35" Xtreme Terrains, and walk down to the end of the road too meet him, as he didnt know how to get there. As we were walking down, 3 cops decide to pull up... you know how the story goes... licenses, questions, searching of truck etc etc.. Luckily I didnt get charged with trespassing or destruction of property. Anywas, got pulled out, and went home after that..lol.

So.. damages to truck: Broken rear spoiler, lost a beauty ring in the mud somewhere, and now the truck bounces when I accelerate in 3rd gear.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Not that deep, just got the rear hung up)

2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

ahh somebody else from VA. looks like fun. i thought the stupid duty on 38s was with you? he didnt pull you out so you coulda avoided bein hassled by the cops?

3. Blazn83

I went with my friend in the Stupid Duty (lol) Awhile ago, and remembered that this was a good wheelin spot. My friend with the 98 Silverado went, but he wanted to ride with me. Bad idea.

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

haha well maybe you learned from it. any plans to lift the k5?

5. m1ndless

m1ndless Banned

No Pics?

6. W7NB

W7NB 1/2 ton status

Perhaps a little transfer case work is in order. Bad forks or linkage or ist the t-case toast?

7. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

yeah, i noticed that. better place for it, i say. :haha:. to each his own.

8. m1ndless

m1ndless Banned

I dont see any pics...

9. Blazn83

I dont think its the t-case. I can see the driveshaft spinning in 4wd, but they wont turn the wheels, so I think the hubs are toast.

10. bluecollarjock

bluecollarjock 1/2 ton status

yea how far from Fairfax/Arlington! We need to do some recruiting!

11. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

i hate posting this but..

you went wheeling..fun

but you did it on land that could have got you in trouble, tears up someone elses property right by peoples homes in plain view, leaving or looseing broken parts and making you , me and everyone else who has a 4x4 look like jerks..

im very very guilty of urban wheeling in the past, but now the situation, with help of the internet and a growing hobby I have choosen not to.. i use to love to come home and go tear up the field near me, jump the truck and what not..

like I said, all in good fun, but in the scope of the big picture, your little bit of fun only hurts the hobby you enjoy..

planned trip to approved 4x4 spots or parks offers alot more fun I promis you.. and if you break or get stuck you have help with you, and not the watchfull eyes of those that opose you and myself..

just my thoughts..;)

12. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

That looks like Sherwood Crossing Apts right behind the Hanover High School. I'd say you were very fortunate not to get a trespassing and destruction of property issue. There are plenty of places to go around Mechanicsville and the surrounding areas. Contact the Mechanicsville Mudders for assistance. I agree with Supersize75K5. Not trying to be rude, but you need to consider the ramifications of wheeling next to houses like that, unless you have specific permission from the owners. You're fortunate. Usually Virginia is very tough on mudboggers. At least they were when I lived in Mechanicsville.

Manny