Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My wife finally rode the beast last night!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Jun 25, 2004.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I know that's a misleading title but;

I've had the K5 for a while, been doing the necessary mechanical things I need to to get it OK, but have been spending a lot of time "prettying it up" so I could get the wife to actually like it (or at least pretend to). Seeing as how I've wrecked it twice IN THE GARAGE, it's been slow going winning the wife over. Last night we had the kid with a babysitter, and the sitter took the Tahoe, and my wife decides she doesn't want to take her car to the restaurant, but the BLAZER! I guess because the top is off and it was nice out (and maybe the margaritas I made her) she hopped right in and off we went. She bitched about how loud it was, but I goosed it and snuck a look at her and could see a little smile as we roared around the Honda in front of us. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

No real smart-ass comments the way there, but on the way back I jumped a curb and she yelled "them Duke boys!" like old Roscoe P. Coltrane. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Anyway, just glad I finally got her in it and interested enough to ask some questions. "What's CST stand for?", "what's that throttle button?", "why did you get rid of the shoulder belts?" /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

My wife decided she wanted to take the Jimmy to church of all places about a month ago.....go figure. She wont go wheeling with me but thinks its kinda cool driving around town in it. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I dont even try to figure it out. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

My wife loves driving in the K5, she also loves to go wheeling in it also. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Even thou I have straight pipes that goto 5" tips, talk about LOUD. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif She wants to drive it, but there are a few things I need to do before I will let her.