Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My wife is the best

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4by4bygod, Sep 8, 2005.

1. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

She re - upped my NRA membership again, and got them to send me another hat. My wife is cool.

Reminds me of the first time she met my family in pittsburgh, comprised of my grandmother, 2 cousins, my aunt, and my uncle steve, or " uncle fidel " as I call him. the setting was thanksgiving day dinner, 1999.

My uncle was ranting and raving about reagan, gun nuts, the NRA, and republicans in general.. he says something about how people shouldn't own guns, and Lisa jumps up, and yells " dammit, if your and your wife were about to be attacked, TELL ME you wouldn't want a gun in your hand.. not wanting to be able to protect yourself is stupid".. she was pounding the table for emphasis, upsetting the gravy boat in the process...

I was so proud of her.. my uncle just shut his mouth right there. Grandma just about pooped herself. After all, my cousins wife is soooo nice, never raises her voice.. Lisa? well, she was just like Grandmas oldest daughter, ( my mom).. a bit loud and opinionated, and they weren't expecting that at all.

Funny thing is, Lisa is from the pittsburgh area too, and they never liked the fact she's from there, and NOT a democrat.

Anyway, just wanted to share the nice thing lisa did for me today. Now if only I could get her to not be scared of the 12 gauge.

Tom

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

That's a keeper...........

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Amen, amen, I hate to see anyone die, but there's people out there who can convince me otherwise on a case by case basis