Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My wife owns the most expensive cat in the world...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ak bandit, Oct 24, 2005.

1. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

My wife's 8 week old kitten decided to chew through an electrical cord. The electrical current burned the little kitten's gums so bad, half of it's teeth fell out. His gums were bleeding all over our light tan carpet. So we had to take it to the vet. Not the regular vet, since it was at night. We took it to the emergency vet :1zhelp: The vet said she was surprised the kitten is still alive. BUT it had some issues. He started getting blood clots all over his body. The vet feared the clots would start clogging the organs and main arteries. So she insisted on a...get this...blood transfusion. My wife unhesistantly agreed. The vet left for a minute, then came back in with a sheet totaling the cost of the kitty blood work...$1408 :eek: :crazy: :ignore: I'm glad I was sitting down, cause I almost hit the floor. My wife didnt skip a beat, and said "let's do it. when can you get started".
    We picked the little kitten back up the next day. You cant even tell anything happened to it. That little animal cost me a set of rear axles, gears, a detroit, and the cost of installation!....Oh, and by the way, we got the kitten for free.

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well...at least now when you "need" that next part she can't say no...kind of :crazy:

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

:surepal: :surepal: :surepal: :surepal:
    :doah: :doah: :doah: :doah:
    Glad my wife hates cats. They're worthless.

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

someone hasnt had his cat sitting by the door waiting for him to come home, or cuddled up on his lap while he's surfing CK5.

5. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I'm a cat person, definitely. But a .22 round is an assload cheaper.

6. thatK30guy

I guess what you're telling me is thats the only pussy you get, huh? :ignore: :whistle: :thinking:

7. thatK30guy

Much cheaper. :deal: :ignore:

8. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

our cat got hit by a car, was in an emergency vet over night ($1000 +/- !!!) then in a real vet for like 11 days! we visited him daily though and he lives a happy life now.... even if he is a little "different" :wink1:

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

my friends mom spent $1000.00 on a ferrets vet bill!! :doah: i say when its over for scraps it's over.my friend mike spent $1400.00 just to find out his dog swallowed a corn cob. :rolleyes: i've been lucky. :D

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

chicks love the cat too, shows the softer side of me i guess. i'm not all wrench get dirty break stuff all the time.

11. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I tend towards the "animals are for eating" crowd. The decision on that one would've taken me all of about a nanosecond. On second thought, I wouldn't have even gone to the vet to begin with. But, to each his own.........

12. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Evolution? But is it really natural selection, for a domesticated animal to chew on an electrical cord?

:dunno:

13. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Well, cats are considered to be feral, and not a domesticated animal. In fact, in most states if you run one over, you don't even have to stop. Not so for a dog, which is considered property and domesticated. Having said that though, it is more along the lines of not having nearly the compassion that I dole out sparingly to humans on occasion for an animal. I think it started when I was a youngster. Some neighborhood cat got into our garage and birthed a dozen or so little kittens back in the storage area. Mom cat got bored of feeding them and so she splits. We don't know about it until the howling starts getting loud enough to hear over the din of the heater and other stuff. By then, several are dead and the living ones were fast on their way out. Several of them can't even move, are crapping themselves, drooling, and have the thousand yard "it's time to go" stare going.

Dad tells me to go out in the far part of the yard and dig a hole. After I do so, we get some clubs and finish the job mom cat left us to do. Dad was always a pretty compassionate guy, soft spoken (but could land a good punch, trust me on that one). This time he didn't say a word and we just did what needed to be done. I buried them and swore that if mom cat ever came back, she would pay. Sure enough, a couple of months later I walk in the garage and there is mom cat laying her fat ass up on top of some cabinets. No meow, no look of "hey, sorry about that, can we make up and be friends?" look on her face. Just a look like "whaddayoulookinat" Well, a few minutes later she joined her offspring in the hole. I guess after that I didn't find myself with a whole lot of warm fuzzy feelings for cats. I know, cold-hearted but those of you raised on a farm or a ranch probably have some stories that are far more graphic.

14. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Oh hell no...:doah:

15. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Insert awkward silence...

Mercy and Justice, I'd say. I think that puts me on one side of the fence here, who's on the other? :eek1:

16. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

So your father didn't even bother trying to save them? That blows my mind.

As far as your story goes Bandit good for you and your wife. We sunk just about the same amount of money on a cat we had years ago after he got hit by a car and drug himself back home. He lived till a rip old age of 16.

The parts will come but lives are precious.

And no I"m not a vegetarian so all y'all that disagree with me get your panties out of the twist they're in.

17. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Cats make great wheel chocks! :D

18. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

Guaranteed to not cost you any money.

19. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I giggle myself silly everytime I see that pic too damn funny! :haha: :haha:

20. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

That's just horrible.