Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Wife RULES!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dave A, Aug 23, 2000.

1. Dave A

Dave A Registered Member

She felt bad because we didnt have the $$ to buy another K5 after I sold my '84K5 (when the 700r blew up for the second time). So last week she picked up a part time job in the evening for the sole purpose of buying me another K5! She stays home with the kids during the day so I know she's beat by the time her "other" job starts. Man, I love this woman! Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but it does deal with K5's:-)

2. GMC4by4

GMC4by4 Registered Member

Wow!! She does rule!! Good going!! :^)

-Rick

3. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

Does she have any sisters????

Canuck

Go Wide or Stay @ Home

4. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

I'd have to agree, your wife rules! What a good woman. Mine is "letting" me get a loan to rebuild mine (like she has a choice!![​IMG][​IMG]) and I thought that was pretty good. Wow! Your's is going to work to pay for yours. Hang on to her; you're a lucky guy!!

Brian
    89KBlazer

5. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

No matter what, you're ALWAYS better off single!!!!! Put it this way, if you were single you'd had more cash lying around and your toys would always be nicer. Just my opinion.

6. GMC4by4

I don't know about all that... when I was single I lived in a one room apartment and drove a Vega. Now my wife pulls in $55,000 a year and, added to my salary, I can buy just about whatever I want!!

-Rick

7. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

8. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Rick,
    That's totally cool, and if you're truely happy then, great. But you can't tell me it's like it used to be when you were single. Even when you were driving around in your Vega (did it have a V8 in it?), there was no problem with you coming home at 3:00 in the morning right? I can't stay out til 6:00 in the morning with out my wife sending out a stinkin' search party. What type of bull is that?!!!!

9. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

good deal, dave. she's definitely a keeper. be sure to send flowers and [censored] to her new work, so she knows she's doing it for the right guy.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

10. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

My wife is pretty cool but she told me if she caught me under the hood again ANYTIME soon I would pay. She was going to put some "off" road pictures on here for you all to see. Thank God she's out of town for two weeks. I Replaced all my belts yesterday, and today I'm redoing my front brakes. I think she's jealous of my significant other!

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

11. James

James 1/2 ton status

Talldog,
    Your way off brother. I've been married to my wife close to 10yrs now. 2kids later and life is still a party. Still go to parties when I want. Go gambling in vegas with the guys when I want. The key word is want. My wife and I party together. Why would I want to be at a party til 3am with a bunch big bellied beer drinking smelly fellows. When I could be partying amongst doing other things with my beautiful wife until 3am. I used to do the partying every weekend until 3am when I was single as well and usually it was when I was looking for woman. Besides to old to stay out til 3am anymore.

12. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Okay Guys,
    First of all, I'm mostly kidding around. I know some of you have great wives and great relationships, I applaud you. My parents provided the best example for me. They've been happily (99% of the time) for some 30 years. Just so you know I'm still in my 20's so it's different when I go hang out with my buddies. But like I said, I'm mostly kidding about the whole marriage thing and cheers to those of you that found great women!!!!

13. Dave A

Dave A Registered Member

Talldogg, if I was still single, I would'nt have half the toys I have now 'cause I'd have spent all my dough on booze and trashy women! I think it all depends on the girl, the right one can make life so good you would'nt want to be anywhere else, the wrong one can make your life a miserable living hell. I've been there too.
    Yep, she does have sisters, but the're all married. (to losers)

14. GMC4by4

Talldogg-
    I do know what you mean and I sometimes wonder if it would be more fun to be single. But once you're married to a good woman it changes your life for the better. For example my first car was a V8 Monza and I was totally happy with it- squeaks, oil leaks, crappy vinyl interior, shifter handle came off all the time. But then I made more money and got nicer cars until now I have my Jimmy and I would NEVER go back to the Monza. It was a lot easier finding my Jimmy than my wife though!! :)

-Rick

15. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

I hear ya'. Now back to Blazers, this is turning into Dr. Laura's homepage. And yes good women do rule.

16. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Don't worry, Talldog- with a crappy attitude like that, you won't EVER have to worry about being married!!!! Joking or not, there are lots of guys like me that take offense to attitudes like yours. My wife and my beautiful daughter fulfill me so much more than my previous life of partying and staying out all night looking for fun. Shades of Buttman..........

17. rockosangel

rockosangel 1/2 ton status

Its great to hear you guys talk about your wives/girlfriends that way... I am very impressed. I agree with you guys too....it is way more fulfilling to do stuff with someone you love and loves you then to party all night, fall down drunk, and be hung over til the weekend...LOL those were good times, but c'mon, can't do it forever. I would rather work on the Blazer and sit back and enjoy a cold beer with my b/f then go out partying all night. Besides, we can still party when we want...we aren't dead yet. :o)

www.rockosangel.coloradok5.com
    www.rocko.coloradok5.com

18. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Canmore,
    It's amazing that you know how to type when you obviously don't know how to read. Pay attention, I made it clear that I'm kidding more than I am serious and second I AM married. I joke about being married becuase I just do! I'm young and I'm entitled to that. My wife knows this too. She's a catch and she knows that I joke like that just because she know's how rowdy I was before I met her. I also have a daughter therefore I know the fulfillment they bring into your life, I'm happy for you. But I don't apologize for your hyper-sensitivity. The day I target YOU with a specific insult, then you can whine about your feelings being hurt. Learn to relax, and you shouldn't be so narrow-minded to think that you're the only person with opinions.
    PS. Turn off Oprah and go work on your truck.
    I'm joking again, lighhten up!!!!!

19. James

James 1/2 ton status

Canmore and Talldogg,
    Take it easy guys. Talldogg wasn't comming across to offend anyone. Just comparring the two life styles. Hey marriage is a huge adjustment at first. Especially when your a party animal. You tend to miss those all night parties at first. But as the ole lady tightens the leash we tend to break down and give in over time:( Thank god for k5 and my garage. Anyways guys one up on ya this weekend I'll be in Lake Havasu. The annual Havasu run with about 30 friends and family. Wife is 6mos pregnant right now:) I figure she will be good for til about 3pm. Then I'll ship her back to air cond hotel room. I just hope I don't get the old guilt trip out on the lake with the son having a few cold ones and checking out the t-backs:o
    Peace
    James

20. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Thanks James. And he's right, I'm not trying to offend. I imagine this is a mostly male forum, and usually joking around with the boys is easier than anywhere else. I guess I was wrong.....jokes about marriage are NOT jokes about anyones wives, so don't take them to heart. I can't believe this is still an issue.