Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Wife's Van has more Scratches and Dents than my K5

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Oct 10, 2004.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

My Wife\'s Van has more Scratches and Dents than my K5

My Wife daily drives a '92 Chevy G20 Van. Today as I walked around the back of it to get the mail, I saw that she had raked the passenger side rear corner around something, either a pole or along a building with siding or something that had scraped the paint off all the way from the roof to the tail light. I have learned to not even ask anymore, as it is fairly irrelevent, since the van's body is pretty much trashed in spite of the fact that it's a rust free body and chassis from Texas with 150,000 miles on it. If not for the beating my wife has given it, it would probably still be worth something as good as it runs.

Then I noticed that I had parked my K5 in front of it since I was working in the yard in that area the night before. The only real bad scrape in it that wouldn't buff out is one from Attica a couple of years ago down the driver's rear quarter. The truck has one minor dent in the right front corner that would come out with a little patience, but for a 1977 with original paint and skin, it still looks amazingly good for its age. And I realized that its body is actually in better condition than my wife's van's, even though I use the truck as a work vehicle regularly, drive it in the bad weather all the time, and even though I don't 4x4 as much as I used to, the truck still goes trail riding.

Paul 'X' /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: My Wife\'s Van has more Scratches and Dents than my K5

i know what your saying,my wifes van get's banged up constantly(a 96 caravan).watching her back down the driveway is a test of patience. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif she even backed into a tri-axle dump truck( how do you not see THAT?) /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif