Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mysterious Squeak

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by schlechto, Nov 2, 2001.

1. schlechto

schlechto Registered Member

Hi I have a problem. After I start my '87 GMC Jimmy, 6.2L Diesel, I start to hear a continious squeak, squeak, squeak while driving at low speeds. I think that it continues to occur at faster speeds but I can't hear it because the diesel is soo loud. However, I did find out that it stops when I apply the brakes. I don't know much about automobiles so any advice/suggestions would be a great help.

Ben

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Maybe you have a warped rotor or two... pull 'em and get em turned, or replace them. Bet that solves your problem! Good luck!

<font color=red>GOT MUD???</font color=red>
    My license plate reads:<font color=blue> 8 YR SUV</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://24.10.209.54/bigolk5.htm>http://24.10.209.54/bigolk5.htm</a>
    454/TH400/NP205 - 14BFF/D60/w/ 4.10s

3. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

sounds like the brakes need to be replaced...most have an indicator on them to sqeal when they wear down...pull the wheel off and check them.
    When you apply the brakes the pressure makes them stop vibrating..if you go to your local parts store they can show you and explain better. Most likely new pads and have the rotors turned.

chris

MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A FOUR WHEELING PROBLEM![​IMG]