Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mystery Blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tecton, Mar 27, 2003.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

Ok...here is what i know
    holley carb, huge orange block (way bigger than 350), headers, someone said somthnig about octane boosted cause of the extinguisher in cab...has two little pods coming off the front of the valve covers with little filters in them...msd ignition...uhm...not running looks like a head gasket was the prob...

here are the pics...make out what you can cause id like to know, lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Not too much of a mystery. It's a 73-75 Blazer (or Jimmy) with a swapped big block (396, 427, 454) chopped roof, shaved handles and looks to be 2WD.

Rene

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

that is too cool. I'd drive it and smoke ricers all day long.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

It'd be cooler with the top off.../forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yep......Hmmmmmmm I know where a 74 Tub and frame is and I have a spare hard top I could lay my hands on. I keep trying to talk myself out of building anything else till I get my 70 Pontiac restored. DAMN YOU FOR SHOWING ME THOSE PICTURES! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[​IMG]

I don't know about the mystery blazer, but the mystery guy in the photo is Jim Carey from the Mask! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    someone said somthnig about octane boosted cause of the extinguisher in cab

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif WHAAA??

8. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I'd drive it! looks pretty cool. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah that didn't make much sense to me either, apparently octane boost is excessively flammable and explosive? It is sort of a fuel so generally it burns just like gasoline.

10. BlaznRebel

BlaznRebel 1/2 ton status

The ext. in the cab is what most hotroders put in their vehicles. When you have higher feul pressures and are putting the vehicle under more stress than normal, you have a higher chance of springing leaks. If you put alot of money in something the last thing you want is to see is it go up in flames.

11. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The ext. in the cab is what most hotroders put in their vehicles. If you put alot of money in something the last thing you want is to see is it go up in flames.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats it! I'm taking the extinguisher out of my truck...

12. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

it belongs to my uncle, whom past away last year, so now its my grandmothers.

i want it cause i love it and i would drive it and wax it everday and sleep naked on it and worship it and stuff...but my cousins who have money want it to sell it...

what do i do??? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

also its a project in progress...not sure if itll even start...been sitting there prob for a year...the doors arent done....you have you pull a knob to open the door...

im going to try to drag my dad and a battery over there...ill take more pics and see if we cant get it running

13. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    it belongs to my uncle, whom past away last year, so now its my grandmothers.

i want it cause i love it and i would drive it and wax it everday and sleep naked on it and worship it and stuff...but my cousins who have money want it to sell it...

what do i do??? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

also its a project in progress...not sure if itll even start...been sitting there prob for a year...the doors arent done....you have you pull a knob to open the door...

im going to try to drag my dad and a battery over there...ill take more pics and see if we cant get it running

[/ QUOTE ]tell your cousins wiht money to go eat a bag of hell, and then politely convince your grandmother that you'd give it a proper home, and do it justice by finishing it out, like your uncle would have wanted.

Good luck dude,

-Rich

Edit: before you try to start it, make sure the oil is clean ( I'd replace it) the radiator water/anti freeze is up, and clean ( I'd flush it) that the hoses aren't dried and cracked, and that you have some clean gasoline to start it with. whatever's in the tank is probably shot and useless by now, if not a thick varnish and would probably just plug up the carbureator/fuel filters. might siphon it out, and put some fresh fuel in.

14. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

rgr

its literally out in the middle of no where in a barn...so we will do what we can