Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mystery bushings

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by spearchucker, May 13, 2004.

1. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Stephen,
    I ordered some parts from you last year and just now acquired everything to put it all in. What I got from you was a 2.5 inch shackle flip for my 89 Blazer, TC Ez-ride springs (2 inch for the rear and 4 for the front), heavy duty front shackle, and greasable bushings for the springs/shackles front and rear (total of 12). Now that I'm putting it together I find that I have 2 extra pairs of bushings that I have no idea where they go. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif They have M02041 stamped on one pair and M02360 on the other. Where do these go? Or did you send me extra bushings just to confuse me? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I hate having parts left over after I put something back together.

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

MO2041 should be the main eye bushing for the front springs, but I have no idea what the other one it, if it came from here it was mixed up in a box when we got them and we didn't catch it. Did you put our greasable main eye kit in? It's possible you have some spare bushings, TCI uses some of the same parts for the main eye, and they use the same part # for the rear but not the same compound.

3. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

I haven't put the front bushings in yet, but I have all six sitting together and still in the bags. The bushings that came with the springs from TC are still in the springs so I guess these are extras. Both pair have the slotted sleeve instead of the solid sleeve with the hole in it, that's what confused me. If you don't want them back then I guess I'll have spares. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif These are probably the undesirable softer compound aren't they. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

All the main eyes are the soft compound, we haven't come up with a super good reason to stiffen up the main eye bushings yet.
    We don't need the weird bushings, but I'd like to figure out how you got them.