Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mystery fuse panel? / Black wagon wheels..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SS66, May 16, 2006.

1. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Two quick questions

Under my dash by the gas pedals and such, to the LEFT of the fuse panel ...mounted on the side of the truck is what looks to be a another fuse panel, but this "panel" only holds the old glass fuses, and there is no writing indicating what goes where. There is currently one fuse in it.. What the hell purpose does this serve? Can I tap into it for power?

Also, who sells those old black wagon wheels that used to only cost like $60? I cant seem to locate them now that I actually need a set.

Annddd... does anyone have that handy old chart that used to float around indicating what gears to use for best mileage and power? If not I have to ask the newbie question thats been asked a million times. Can I run 35's with stock gears? I have a half ton drivetrain which I know will be fine since this is mainly a grocery getter for now.

Thanks!

2. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Can't help ya with the fuse question, but the black steel d-holes could be Cragar, my 15x8 were like $38 each from Summit.

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

the fuse panel is definitely someones add-on.. trace the wires, or check it with a test light..

rims - summit

you'll need to know what gears you have.. "stock" can be many things... http://www.florida4x4.com/tech/gearcalc.php

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

What year is the truck? If it's a blade fuse setup, there are empty slots on it that you can use to power stuff.

5. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

The year is 88', There are a couple empty slots ( shunt and power windows ) The power window slot has no connections in it, its just empty space. Right now I got the lights running out of the radio's place in the fuse block. I normally dont mind half assed but electrical is usually one of those places where it doesnt pay to cut corners.

Thanks for all the info guys

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

All along the top of your fuse panel are accessory slots. The later the rig, the more of these slots are taken up, however the locking connectors are extremely common in the wrecking yards, and some connectors are designed to piggy-back, so adding as much as you want is not a problem.

These are all run through the 30 amp relays on the fuse panel, so you need to fuse whatever you want to run inline, but that's not a tough task.

I agree with electrical/half assing, sounds exactly like what the PO (most) did in your case.

7. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest