Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mystery wires...What the heck are they for?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigburban383, Mar 11, 2004.

1. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

I found these to mystery wires and cannot seem to find where they go. They looked as though they were ripped off. A mechanic thought they where for the computer advance because its tan with a black stripe, but I checked the circut, the tan/black wire in that pic next to it is the one. There is also a black/white next to it. Does anybody have any ideas to what the heck these are?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Blk/Wht...is ground for the ecm...and related sensors for the ecm.

Tan/Blk is for the distributor module according to my chart...grab an ohm meter and ohm the wire from the ecm connector D5 to the wire and see if its a match...

DW

3. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Blk/Wht...is ground for the ecm...and related sensors for the ecm.

Tan/Blk is for the distributor module according to my chart...grab an ohm meter and ohm the wire from the ecm connector D5 to the wire and see if its a match...

DW

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, i'll ground the black wire. Maybe thats why my O2 isnt reading anything because its not getting the ground, well my A/F guage doesnt respond. This blows /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif