Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

N.C.B.D. DRIVE OVER HUNGER FOOD DRIVE!! Help out this Holiday Season!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gokartergo, Nov 23, 2002.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

TTT

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Props to BrandonC for his generous donation to the Food Drive!

Come awn! Donate your dollar! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

wow, someone here with a name almost exactly like mine (which is of course braNNdonC /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

TTT /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

COME AWN!

One dollar will will buy a can of progresso soup or two cans of veggies that are on sale this week at Safeway!

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You got mine right?

7. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

roger that, good buddy! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

9. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

btt /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

10. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

If you live in the Sacramento area and want to donate food and not money contact me and I will set up on how to get the food from you... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

I always found it interesting that people like to feed homeless folks around the holidays. I wonder what they eat the rest ofthe year. How about a drive out hunger on the 4th of July or Memorial Day. I guess a labor day thing would be insensitive though, being that they are homeless and probably unemployed. If you really want to do something, give them a job. Sorry for being a pain, I just got a tooth pulled and needed to share some cynicism.

12. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i am too busy volunteering for school beautification events, neghborhood clean ups and creek and ocean clean ups the rest of the year.

Why not put your money where your tooth used to be? There is a PayPal link in the top post, I'm sure you can donate the $1.00 we are asking.

13. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

TTT /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. you know, i must say i am disapointed. i gave a generous 15 dollar donation last week, and i have not gotten any sort of thankyou or gratitude from you guys. you know sometimes a simple thankyou goes a long way

15. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

there are a few people who have donated and did not leave screen names. I apologize for the omission, but we are also running this PayPal on other Boards, so it gets difficult to "know" who is who.

I'll add the note to please give your screen name so that a thank you post can be posted after the drive.

All those who have Donated, please PM if you forgot your screen name.

Thank you for your donation.

16. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Chevyboy:
    As Zakk mentioned, the PayPal post is on other boards as well but not to mention all the projects that Zakk has going for the NCBDs. This isn't the only thing he is working on for us outside of his personal life. He has volunteered a major chunk of his personal time to help out our club.
    On behalf of the Nor-cal big dawgs, we really do appreciate your donation as well as everyone else's. else's! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Take care and Happy Holidays!

17. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

If you donated and didn't get thanked it's because we aren't done with the drive yet. We are still collecting and have not dropped the food off. Everyone will be thanked for helping out since it is greatly appreciated! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Usually though thank you's go out after an event has concluded because it's easiest for whoever is in charge handling it to go back and send them out at once because of things like Zakk said we are asking for help on two sites and not everyone includes all the info like names and such.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As for why we are now doing a food drive because of Christmas and not say for the 4th of July. Because we just decided it'd be nice to help out here. Better to help out like this then not at all right? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Maybe we will do one at an odd time of the year. But for now we are doing it at this time because this is a first for us and we figured this would bring the most success in gathering donations to help others. If you'd like to contribute we'd more then welcome it. Maybe during another time of the year like say Memorial Day you could start one and be of charge of that one...? Sounds like a nice idea. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Dude, Christmas is all about giving, 4th of July is all about celebrating our freedoms, and Memorial Day is about remembering those who gave all so we could do the above....

19. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Ok while trying to keep this civil her goes....
    1.If one donates to look for a thanks then that is not the reason we help others in need ... These people are down on there luck and I am sure that the joy that a can of soup or what ever is giving to them should be thanks enough...IMO
    2.Like what was said before the drive is still going on and many thanks will be givin to all that donated money,food,or there time when the Food drive is over
    3.I know that you didnt have to send any money and I myself will say thank you for your donation to our Food Drive it will be used to help buy some more food to the drive....THANK YOU Very much for the donation
    4.I made it a point to stop at a fellow CK5'ers house on my way to bakersfield on the day before thanksgiving but I dont want any thanks out of it (and he knows that it is for a good cause to and wasnt looking for a thank you card just doing it to help out the less needy), It is for a good cause. I will be going to another ciy soon too to get more food and making a trip to the store for my donation too...Do I want a thank you...NO it is not needed nor expected..
    5.Not trying to start a war on this just stateing my views...

20. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

we have raised $89.28 so far! thanks t everyone at CK5.com and the PBB for their donations! Keep up the good work!