Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

N.M.E in Clearwater FL ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Jan 17, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

in the mail i got an important delivery letter, one of those white oens that you tear the end edge off of to open and it is from NME/Pat Haines in clearwater fl and on the paper inside that you slide out of the envelope deal it has a 1 800 number and some kind of code number both in large font and message says: "we have been trying to reach you regarding your $1,000,000.00 sweepstakes ID #950924917. please call us at the above number. this is a free call

sincerely- pat haines, sales repesentative

-----

anyone know anything about this ? sounds like sales scam to me, i got one of these from them once beofre and now this is the second one and is titled as second notice

what do you think ?

2. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

junk mail /forums/images/graemlins/bewarespam.gif

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

hehehe, crazy how they keep you on a lsit and know what theyve sent and when and everything..

is that just how it is now with these ppl ?

4. lady bog

lady bog 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/bewarespam.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bewarespam.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bewarespam.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bewarespam.gif

I'd try calling it anyway. They probably will end up charging you $1,000,000.00.

btw. if there is an I.D. number obvious they've tried doing this other people. lol.

5. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/bewarespam.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bewarespam.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bewarespam.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bewarespam.gif
    Bill

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

now that i put 1 and 1 together there has been a 1 800 number calling and calling pretty much everyday and im really pretty sure its a third party bill collector of some kind, been going on for a couple or several weeks, im 3,000 or 3,500 total in debt to two or three different places combined,, so hmm, maybe its another way for them to try to get me to call without them having to let me know who they are and what they want

even if the phone numbers dont match it still can be the same place, im sure they covered that base by having different line/number for this and another for showing up on my caller ID, if i can find out from where the number is calling from then i bet it might show up as being from florida
    how could i go about finding this out ? operator ? that easy ?

thanks

7. pfloydmaster

pfloydmaster 1/2 ton status

NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE, INC.
    (NME)
    16120 US Highway 19 N Ste 400
    CLEARWATER, FL

Found it on the Better Business Bureau website.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif