Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

n00b garage and lounge

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekquistk5, Sep 1, 2006.

1. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'm kinda tired of all the newb questions lately, I dont mind helping, but there is only soo many times you can say yes to fitting 35's with 4". I kinda like how pirate is setup they have the advanced tech and newb tech. I think we should do the same with the lounge as well. Anyone else agree

note I'm not trying to change ck5 just seeing opinions

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Like with velvet ropes and big corn fed boy who only lets the cool people in :thumb:

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Fine with me for the garage, makes a lot of sense.

As for the Lounge, putting the noobs in a different section would ruin a whole lot of fun.

4. jekquistk5

yeah do not forget the announcer guy, and the camera crew

5. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

X2.

Maybe we could set up a tech page, not so much a questions and anwers type page, but a list of general modded truck specs with stuff like lifts and fitting tires, gearing, driveline weaknesses, etc...

I know we already have the GM spec sheets, and alot of write-ups, but a page where the typical modded GM issues and concerns were addressed and laid out would be cool....

I dont know, I'm still a noob at heart. I'm an expert lounge lizard, but I still rely heavily on theis site and my friends to get technical stuff done...

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

So what section would you be aloud in exactly???:whistle: :thinking:

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You guys know that there is a feedback section for this type of discussion.;) :D

8. BoondocK5

BoondocK5 1 ton status Author

Yeah, I agree... there wouldn't be anything to laugh at if the noobs got cut off:rolleyes: :haha: :haha:

9. jekquistk5

yeah I know I haven't been here since 2000 but I don't ask stupid questions(for the most part) and I know how to use the search function.

I like the idea about the general mod stuff, and I know half the people do not even pay attention to the stickies at the top of the page( what does XX tires with XX lift look like, etc.)

I should have posted it in the feedback but its not really a big concern, just wondering what people in the lounge think.

10. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

That's a newb question if I ever heard one.:rolleyes: :D I kinda thought that's what the garage and the tech sections were already. The lounge has to have newbs so we have something to kick around.:deal: :rotfl:

John

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Stuff was being rehashed before you registered. I don't even hang in the Garage anymore. Sometimes I'll pop in, sometimes my eye might catch the title of a thread off the main page, other than, no biggie.

Besides, nOOb forums bring the ghey:doah:

12. Roland_Jenkins

Roland_Jenkins Registered Member

I don't know if this is the right section to ask this or not but can anybody help me with locating an engine brake for my weed eater?

13. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Oh no U didn't. Smartass n00b:D

14. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

:haha: :haha: :haha:

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

:D :D :D

16. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I may be wrong here, but if you don't have a membership, then you can't post in the Lounge right? Would you want two lounges for members only or one lounge for members and one for noobs without memberships?

17. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Does that mean that we would have a crop of non-paying non-member noobs that would be fair game for some real brutalizing????:thinking:

May be worth thinking about.:D

18. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have to admit, I too have gotten tired of telling people that they can get a soft top at Specialty Top Co. Or reading about the myriad roll-cage requests.

I'm more of a lurking member than a contributing member. Mostly because I don't feel like posting an answer once someone else has. But, I've been actively reading since '99 and this subject seems to come up every couple of years or so.

I've decided that someone new who will post without searching or looking around will never find their way to a Newb tech forum... unless they post and we point them to it. Heck, how many times to do you see a member post a link to the tech articles on the CK5 MAIN page to help them.... Some people dig and some people just ask. Human nature at work.

What I continually remind myself of is that they are coming here because they NEED help, not to annoy us. Everyone starts with Newb questions at some point in their K5/Chevy career. If they get a good answer from us (even if we've answered it a HUNDRED times before) they stick around and are more likely to become members. That thought makes me willing to help out if I can.

Perhaps we should make it a goal to be sure that every Newb who posts a basic question can get a good answer, even if it is just a kind welcome and a link to the answer.... plus a reminder of the search function. (I often see this already). I'm trying to see these newbs as less of an annoyance and more of a PR chance for all of us......

Plus, if they become members, they can come into the lounge for you to sacrifice!

Ok jekquistk5, I'll get off my little soap box now and leave you alone. I just wanted to share my thoughts hoping they might help you cope.

-Ben

PS> The questions can only be stupid if you already know the answer.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  19. 68MUDSTUD

68MUDSTUD OCD with shiny things

i know i am a n00b, but what he said^^^ made quite a bit of sense to me. i remember when i first came to here, because of MTchevy, that i thought this place was badass... and it still is, but it isnt really as fun as it used to be. i guess all im trying to say is cant people in here get along? If you dont have something nice to say dont say it? i mena, yeah, there is a fine line between sarcasm and just being plain rude, so cant you guys be more... ahh whats the word.. respectful? end of rant. im sorry... ignore this post... :D

20. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Really sorry to hear that.... :rolleyes: :D :p: ;) :haha: