Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NAB Las Vegas

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CaveBlazin, Apr 24, 2004.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I dont know if there are any electronics people out there but the NAB convention in Las Vegas this year was cool. I got alot of good info on video,audio and computer technology. Did anyone go to this convention? Who here even knows what NAB is???

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

My Father was there representing the WB. He is Chief of engineering for the WB in Tucson AZ and Tulsa Ok and some other stations also. Its pretty cool. He has been into radio-electronics since he was 14. I get all my CB's and ham rigs tweaked for free. I also still have the 2 meter amp me and him built when I was 17. I went one year with him in the early 90's when the HDTV thing was still very young and highly talked about. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Heres a PIC of my Dad workin' :

[​IMG]

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I've wanted to go for years.

Hey Paul, I know a bunch of guys like your dad. I was going to go into broadcast engineering, but sidetracked into computers instead...

4. CaveBlazin

If you want send me his business info and I'll give it to my Chief engineer and we may be able to do some business, we(the Marine Corps) did alot of window shopping for our television station, we are looking for sat trucks and some other in studio communications equipment. That show was HUGE!!! I got to see some of the new Sony,HP,Advent,Harris and many other new products. Im going back next year for sure.....

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

What the hell is NAB? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

National Association Of Barbarians (Electronics Division)

7. CaveBlazin

National association for broadcasters, its where we get all of the cool puter, eletronic shiiit....

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    National Association Of Barbarians (Electronics Division)

[/ QUOTE ]
    I like this better... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    f you want send me his business info and I'll give it to my Chief engineer and we may be able to do some business, we(the Marine Corps) did alot of window shopping for our television station, we are looking for sat trucks and some other in studio communications equipment. That show was HUGE!!! I got to see some of the new Sony,HP,Advent,Harris and many other new products. Im going back next year for sure.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he doesn't sell anything. He is in charge of the people behind the scenes that keep the station on the air, and can't stop working hands on with repairing stuff either ( workaholic ). Anyway his staion is here : KWBA TV

If you are looking for trucks try this Core Digital (formerly SWTV)
    They build TV trucks and rent them out. I did a lot of the cabling on their Bat Masterson truck in the summer of 98 when I was between jobs. I ended up going into Appliances and never pursued the TV thing /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif