Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NACHES, WA -The long arm of the LAW... and a check list** checkin it twice*

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by uglychevyZZ4, Apr 25, 2003.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Ok, its allmost time so I better let ya know what to expect. You can expect to be checked for the following before going into the woods and at checkpoints throughout the weekend. Dont believe me, ask last years folks, they will look under your rig! Once you hit the trail its all good, but you have to get through checkpoints first.

1-Fender flares or at least mudflaps thast stick out and are long enough.

2-Working lights.

3-Spark arresting exhaust, glasspacks or Bombs will get you a turnaround, strait pipes will get you a ticket.( i cant believe they didnt ticket my bombs /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)

4-Seatbelts worn on the road.

5-Drive kindly slow in camp areas, and tripping the little dirtbike bastards is free game /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6-We are all doing this as a huge friends / family event, please be curtious to EVERYONE AND THIERS, remember we have kids there, and respect that with what you present /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif(anyone have a problem with this?)

7-We are all visiting at the camp,like last year, We will plan on keeping eyes out for ANYONES kids heading for danger!

8-If you didnt go last year, WATCH YOUR KIDS, the dirtbikes are fast /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9-Bring wood, its cold there!!! bring fire starter!!! bring necessities, its kinda harsh at the local store!!! The camp does have a POTTY ladies, but no TP/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Add to this folks, what else do we need to remember? i have a terrible memory.

2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Re: NACHES, WA -The long arm of the LAW up here. and a check list

I heard that they are ticketing people up there for running glass packs... stupid. I guess I am going to have to put some mufflers on my truck before I go...damnit! It is new exhaust too!

3. uglychevyZZ4

I dunno, but they wont let you on the trails with them. I was runnin cherry bombs and they asked " what are those? glasspacks?"
    I said " nope, a tube style muffler internally baffled, not straight through"
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif and they let me go /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

What a bunch of horse sheet. Now I have to go spend more $$ to make my truck legal to play. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. uglychevyZZ4

no, actually you are making it "firesafe" in the state forrest. there, is that a better spin on it? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Not really. When was the last time you saw a fire started by a spark from the exhaust of a vehicle? Probably never. I have seen some brush/grass fires ALMOST start (you know, some smoke and stuff) from a rig w/ hot exhaust being parked in tall grass, but never from a spark out the tailpipe. In fact, I bet you would be HARD pressed to ever get a grassfire started from a spark out the tailpipe if even if you were intentionally trying to do it!
    Why don't they outlaw cigarettes from the trail too... somebody could have a spark come off one.
    Maybe they should also take away everybodys lighters and matches at the trailhead too...you know, you can never be too careful.
    Oh, and nobody shut your doors... that metal on metal striker could cause a spark...better climb out your windows...
    Everybody drain your fuel tanks before you come... that gasoline is flammable stuff... could get set on fire...

It is still a crock of sheet.

7. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I just got off the phone w/ the Cle Elum Ranger District and the lady that I talked to there said that she is not aware of any exhaust regulations on licensed vehicles other than the DB limit...BUT, the ORV Ranger is gone...and in Texas, for another 3 or so weeks...so she couldn't give me a possitive answer.

8. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

So now I just called the Naches Ranger District and some lady finally, after a 10 minute phone conversation, finally did find something that basically said "No Glasspacks, but any other muffler...even thought they don't say APPROVED SPARK ARRESTOR on them are fine..."

And just a tid bit of knowledge that I learned along time ago...I believe that the only muffler for a 4x4 vehicle that actually says Approved Spark Arrestor on it is a SuperTrapp.

And yes...it is still a crock of sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

9. uglychevyZZ4

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif sheesh!!! It isnt MYYYY fault /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Dude yer gonna bust a vain or somethin'!

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if a fire is gonna get started by your exhaust its MUCH more likely to start from a cat than any other part of a exhaust system... even if you have turndowns with no muffler at all. the chem reaction goin on in a converter burns HOT. Someone needs to slap the IDIOTS giving tickets for glasspacks silly.

j

11. jekbrown

this kinda poop makes me wonder if I even wanna go on this trip. I dont like dealing with idiots. TSF is much better. Last time I went I cruised by one of them cop trucks... i had no seat belt on, no OHV sticker visible (it was in the glove box), my lights werent on yet even though it was getting dark etc etc etc and what did the cop do as he drove by? smiled and waved. yeah... **** naches.

j

12. uglychevyZZ4

oh sheesh, dont start whinin people. last year they were kinda overly safe but not usually like that. just tell them you have turbo bombs and be done with it, like i always do. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. jekbrown

rAwR!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

j

14. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Ok, Ok....I am mellowed out now. I just have to pony up the money and get some mufflers. I am still STOKED to go on this trip, even though my truck will sound like sheet.

15. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

Ok i hate to sound stupid but what is a OHV sticker?? POOHBAIR do we need some of those for naches??
    Brad. Less than a month away, and still so much todo....

16. misfit

misfit 1/2 ton status

the last couple years around little naches were like this:

mud flaps:"required" but mostly just a warning

flares: see above

mufflers: glasspack equipped vehicles will be told to park it for the rest of the weekend.

OHV stickers: ive never seen one in the area, never been told about em by the sheriffs.

17. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

do you have to Keep your mudflaps on even when your wheelin?

Sounds like a lot of rules, Wtf is up with all that?

18. Smurfmobile85

Smurfmobile85 1/2 ton status

I think that it is just the same laws as the local police try to bust you on when they are bored.Last year they told me I should get some mud flaps on the burb and have a nice weekend.They just give your rig a quick look over for mud flaps,tires sticking out too much,and no glass packs.I don't think that most of them would no any different if you told them yours were baffled w/spark arrest but I could be wrong.Mud flaps are req. for street travel only I believe. I think that as long as you are respectful to them (Yes officer No officer) You should be OK.Most of them are there just to do their job not to ruin our weekend.Just my 2 cents. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. uglychevyZZ4

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif she da mannnn, err, uh, woman, ya, listen to her she knows whats up. if you stick out tirewise, best to have flaps. Misfit knows whats up too (BTW Brian, I'll make sure to bring the drill /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif), he lives there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Brad, the OHV stickers are for vehicles that are not street legal...you mainly see them on ATV's and Bikes...and I think snowmobiles have them..?