Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nagin strikes again

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Aug 25, 2006.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Fuggin dumbass. I can't stand the prick.

When asked about the slow rebuild process in NO: "That’s alright. You guys in New York can’t get a hole in the ground fixed and it’s five years later. So let’s be fair."

I'd like to kick that idiot's ass.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/24/60minutes/main1933092.shtml

2. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

Have you heard about the "outreach centers" he's set up in Houston (and other towns I'm sure) to try and convince the evacuees to return to NO ?

He needs the votes and the welfare cases to feather his bed.

Jimbo

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

:haha: Great answer. The guy may be a dumbazz but he has a valid point.
    Seems like when there is a job to be done. All liberals can do is talk about it, form a committie, and blame the republicans for not doing anything

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Actually Nagin is a liberal, a dumbass, and just pops his mouth off without thought. If he has a good point, its by accident....

5. cbbr

Not really, he managed to get re-elected with all of them still there. NOLA just cannot take a hint.

The first time he was elected, it was by the affluent whites and moderate blacks. This time it was by the moderate blacks and poor blacks.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

The WTC hasn't been rebuilt because there is a massive amount of bureaucratic BS they are trying to wade through. Its not the architects or the engineers or the steel workers... those guys are ready to rock. There are a lot of competing interests here... from the guy with the lease on the property, to the NYC development commision, to all manner of city/county/state elected officials, to the victims of 9-11 families etc. Lots of "ins and outs" as The Dude would say. Its simply going to take time to iron out the details when you have that many forces pulling the issue that many different directions. It really is to bad that one of the towers couldn't have been saved. If one had, they probably would have just rebuilt the other one and moved on. With the whole site leveled, we (or more accurately, they) have a serious problem in finding which direction we want to go in...

These comments from Nagin don't piss me off nearly as much as his 'we're gonna keep N.O. a chocolate city!' BS. If Boise was destroyed by a huge quake and the mayor came out afterwards and said "we're going to keep this city white!" he (or she) would be dead within 24 hours... either literally or politically. Thankfully for Nagin, if you are a liberal, you can't be a racist, sexist etc... according to the media or other liberals.

Al Gore wouldn't allow black people on his SS detail... and Byrd is a KKK member... but somehow neither is a racist... and Trent Lott must go because he said some nice things about a crusty old dying Senator. :rolleyes:

j

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I don't disagree with his statement that the WTC rebuild is going slowly, what irks me is anyone, most especially an elected official, who defers questions about his own shortcomings by pointing out totally unrelated faults of others.

8. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Last week, Houston's Mayor White (kinda ironic eh? Our last mayor was a black guy named brown :haha: ) told the people of NOLA that there are (I think) 50,000 jobs available in Houston and that they needed to start working or get out of our city. :waytogo:

You wouldn't believe how much these people have run Houston down. (Disclaimer: I'm not saying all people from NOLA and surrounding areas are bad, just the ones who refuse to move on and still expect handouts.) The amount of homeless people within minutes of my house is growing everyday. The general attitude here is getting worse everyday. It basically made this sh!thole even sh!ttier. I'm working as fast as I can to get the fock out of here, one of the big reasons being all of the post-Katrina BS.

9. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Oh and as far as Nagin's comment about WTC, fock him. He needs to come get all his chocolate people, take them back to his chocolate city and put them to work rebuilding their own focking homes.

rant over

10. cbbr

You should move to NOLA. It's much nicer now.....

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

:whistle:

12. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

The guy has constant foot in mouth disease.

From what I understand a swift kick in the ass is a sure fire way to cure said disease.

Why call out a totally unrelated incident? Because he is inept and knows it. He's a little fish trying to swim in a big pond.

13. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Unfortunately, all that would do is give Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Qaunell X more sh!t to rant about. :rolleyes:

14. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

EXACTLY! Think about it, this is something small children do. When you feel the heat b/c you have screwed up just point out the faults of someone else. I can't believe he got reelected. I never went down to N.O. and don't plan to go now. I have no desire to go to that city.

15. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Or a lib... Common arguing tactic of theirs....

"Yeah, but, but THEY did blah, blah..."

16. cbbr

Don't be too quick to fault the entire city. We go all of the time and its great. As a matter of fact, we are going for a couple of days in 3 weeks, unless there is a hurricane.

The real shame of Nagin and the hurricane "victims" (there is a large group down there that are always victims of something) to me is that a lot of people have the immediate knee jerk reaction that NOLA is a bad place.

It was a place with a very large poor population and has an idiot for a mayor. These traits were made famous by the hurricane, but existed prior to Katrina. Neither of these traits are uncommon if you look around. NOLA just happens to be news because if it bleeds, it leads.

I would not want to live in NOLA right now, but I've been to Tupelo and would not necessarily want to live there either. Both are great places to visit.