Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Name my S-10/K5 Hybrid!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by joshua632, Mar 29, 2005.

1. joshua632

joshua632 Guest

Here is the deal, Some of you may remember me begining this build a while back thinking this would be a couple of weekends thing and I would be back on the road, well you all were right and I was wrong it was alittle more work than that but its done and I'm driving it daily now. So its time to name this ruby! I was calling it The Mutt since its made from so many different vehicles (1986 K5, 1977 K20, 1991 S10, Corvette Radiator, Ford Taurus Fan, Chevy Astro Steering shaft, ect.) anyway my wife says thats a stupid name and likes the name Rhino (due to the ridiculously tall stinger bumper I built for it. I don't know but I figured you guys might be able to come up with something more appropriate. So here is a link to the photos give it a crack guys. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/joshua632/album?.dir=/670d&.src=ph

Thanks

2. joshua632

joshua632 Guest

Can you guys see the pictures? Kinda disappointed with the response so far, Any comments are welcome. I spent alot of time, money & hardwork on this truck and some feedback would be nice. Thanks in advance :)

3. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Post the pictures here... i can't look at them from work... storage websites are filtered for me here.

4. joshua632

joshua632 Guest

Sorry I can't I'm not a full fledge member. I plan on it soon though. Lately every extra penny has gone into my truck and my garage.

5. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

I am not one for naming vehicles, but it looks like a cool ride and should do real well on trails. You have any more detailed pictures of drivetrain and body mounting and such that others could use or get ideas from, I think that would help you get more of a response?

6. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

You can use the 1 I have been using lately ((( where the hell did all my money go )))

7. joshua632

joshua632 Guest

I like that one! I will work on better pics but I had to borrow a camera to get that photo and there was only room for 1 new photo on their disk.

8. 69TowRig

69TowRig 1/2 ton status

Looks like a "Brutus" to me

9. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i'm thinking Rhino is a good one.

it does look a bit "excited" though. :D

10. joshua632

joshua632 Guest

excited, huh? I hadn't thought of that but your right either my truck has a banana in his pocket or he's happy to see me! Ha! That opens it up to a whole other list of possible names doesn't it. Maybe I'll call it Ron Jeremy. :grin:

11. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Looks great! What did you end up doing with your tilt front end?

12. joshua632

joshua632 Guest

I gave the whole body to buddy in ohio for his project. When is the next time HoosierK5 is getting together?

13. joshua632

joshua632 Guest

well i guess rhino it is. I'll post some more pics later now that I have the snorkle on.

14. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

thats awesome! I'd called it rhino too!

15. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

No idea, I'm living in Indy now but most everyone is building or repairing :dunno: