Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Name the Milk

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BamBamblazer, Mar 28, 2004.

1. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

Jun 24, 2002
    A little old lady from Iowa had worked in and around family dairy farms since she was old enough to walk. There were hours of hard work and little compensation.
    When canned Carnation Milk became available in grocery stores (1940s or 50's), she read an advertisement offering $5,000 for the best slogan.
    The rhyme began with "Carnation Milk is best of all...."
    She said to herself, "I know all about milk and dairy farms... I can do this." So she sent in her entry.
    About a week later, a black limo drove up in front of her house. A man got out and came to her door, saying, "Carnation LOVED your entry so much we are here to award you $1000, even though we will not be able to use it..."
    Here is her entry:
    "Carnation milk is best of all,
    no tits to pull, no poop to haul,
    No buckets to wash, no hay to pitch
    Just poke a hole in the son-of-a-bitch." /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
  2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Nov 6, 2000
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
  3. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Sep 21, 2000
    When I was 5, my Grandfather and Uncle were out drinking on the porch during a family Thanksgiving gathering...the drinks flowed freely, and the BS started running deep....he recited a poem which I promptly went in and "announced" to the rest of my aunts, cousins, etc who were gathered inside.....

Carnation Milk, the best in the land
    Convenient to use, it comes in a can
    No tits to twitch, no sh!t to pitch
    Just punch two holes in the sonofabitch

that was 50 years ago....I still remember my Momma whippin' the fair tar outta me while my Grandma threatened my Grandpa with bodily harm for teachin' me such things.....my Grandpa great...........

Thanks for the memory.......... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif