Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

name these axles/t-case/tranny

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by XHitman396, May 8, 2005.

1. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

ok, my buddy just bought a 1970 ford F-100, it has a Chrysler 318 cid engine in it, but i dont know what kinda axles, tranny, or transfer case is in it, the rear is a 10-bolt full floating 8-lug axle, this is the one im most curious about. the front is a 6 lug with Wolverine maunual hubs. it's a 3 speed manual tranny. i have no idea whether any of this is original with the ford, from a dodge, someone said it may be GM parts too. so im kinda just wondering if you guys have a source where i can look up all this stuff, like compare pumpkin pictures to the one on the truck, etc.. thanks

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Sounds like the rear is a Dana 60FF

3. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

WTF? A Ford with a 318 Mopar in it!??

If you're gonna go through the hassel and cost of dropping a different brand engine in your ride, the 318 sure wouldn't be my first choice ... or last, hell, it wouldn't even make my list!

Somethings wrong here. I've seen guys do 440 swaps, a few Hemi swaps ($$$), but a 318 just doesn't make any sense at all.

Did you get the history of this thing? Why'd they do it? That would be an interesting story!

Post up if you find out.

Eric M.

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status