Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Name these two parts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MOABDADC22, Sep 3, 2003.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I am putting my 86 K5 back together and I found two parts that look very foreign to me.

The first is a wire harness about 8-10" in length. I found out that the one end plugs into the harness in the engine compartment on the drivers side, but I am clueless as to where the other end goes. Here are two pics. The first is the wire plugged in the harness and the second is just the wires. [​IMG] [​IMG]

The other part was in a box with about a million other pieces that came with the K5. I have never seen this part before on anything. The pic shows the front of the unknown item. On the back is a male electrical connector that something plugs into.
    [​IMG]

This is on an 86 GMC Jimmy that does not have an ECM or ABS. Any help would be greatly appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

cruise control

3. MOABDADC22

[ QUOTE ]
    cruise control

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I spaced that out. I need to locate the rest of the cruise control parts. (I only have the wires........)

Anything on the second part?

4. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

IF I had to guess, the second part resembles a th400 electric kick down switch! Do you have a th400 in the truck? Does it kick down on it's own when you floor it? If not, There's why.... If so, Look under the dash by the fuel peddle and see if there's another one there.... If you don't have a th400, did your truck at one time? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. MOABDADC22

Yes, it does have a Th400 (now). I will have to look for the harness and everything else that goes along with it. Thanks for the help. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

It should be a two prong wire, one end goes to a power source and the other runs to the tranny and hooks to a single connector I believe on the left side of the tranny.... I believe it was covered very well here:
    Tranny kick down switch post....

Enjoy! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. MOABDADC22

You guys kick a$$. Problem solved and new wires have been run. Now I have to round up some cruise control pieces.

Thanks again.

See Bluebies...it pays to be a member. Join up!!!!!!!!