Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nancy Reagan on 60 minutes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gotmud?, Sep 25, 2002.

1. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Talking about Ron and Alzheimers.....Man that's gotta realy SUCK to see someone you've known for so long go through that! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif can't imagine.

2. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I agree. It must be one of the hardest things. Its crazy to think he was once the president of the united states. Poor guy and poor Nancy.

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

It's a really sad disease....*wait ..what was this thread about?*

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

My grandfather knew him and spoke of him a lot. He always said he was a very nice guy. He worked at the state capital as a PBX installer for PacBell for years. He saw a few governors during that time. He said Babe (their nickname for him) would always have him ride down the main elevator with him where the other governors would make him take the service one and were jerks. He said he even would invite him to lunch with them sometimes when they did luncheons. When my Grandfather retired Reagan sent him a really nice letter congratulating him. I still have it. He signed it and it's one of the coolest things I own.... my Grandfather died of Dementia, which messes with your mind a bit differently. I can relate to how the family feels and feel for them especially knowing how cool of a guy he actually was...