Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NAPA brake lines who's gottem?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BIG B., Jul 31, 2003.

1. BIG B.

BIG B. Registered Member

NAPA brake lines who\'s gottem?

After doing a lot of searching on extended brake lines. I decided that when the time comes, I am going to try the NAPA rubber brake lines. I read of some people using these as an alternative to pricey SS lines. Just wondering if anyone has used these and how they worked out.

The part numbers that I found are:
    Front lines PN:38872
    Rear lines PN:4138068

2. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Re: NAPA brake lines who\'s gottem?

I was thinking of going that route, but decided to buy the pro-comp set since it also has the rear line. I found JC Whitney to be the best buy at $87.95 for the set, and you can get another 10% using their catalog discount for orders over $80 /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif So it comes to like $79 and shipping.

Not sure what the Napa's cost, but I'm guessing they'd be at least half the cost as the pro-comps, no rear line, and still not S.S. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. JeremyK5

JeremyK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm using both of those lines and I have a 4" lift. I have them attached to the hard lines in the factory spots, an they've worked great for me. Plenty of slack. I paid $17 each for the front ones, and a similar price for the rear one.

4. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

I have Napa's on mine, fit correctly, have slack, no problem's. I think I paid around $60.00? for the two.

5. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Hey,
    I have the lines with a 6inch lift and they will work all the way flexed out (my shocks limit my flex somewhat). Good quality and cheap to replace. Nothing like "upgrading" the rig with parts you can still get off the shelf. I recommend them.
    Blake

6. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

I've got 'em. As others have said, they fit and work great. They have plenty of slack and were and inexpensive alternative to the stainless ones. However, down the road I think I'll end up upgrading to the stainless ones for the extended durability and longevity the stainless ones provide, but no time soon.

Lance

** I don't remember which was for which but I saved the boxes my lines came in and they list part numbers 4138068 and 4136761.

7. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

i payed like $12 a piece for my lines. they worked perfect for the 4" lift. plenty of slack in them. since they r only on my offroad rig, i think ill prolly just stick with them and use the $80 for the SS lines elsewhere.

NITRO

8. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

i payed like $12 a piece for my lines. they worked perfect for the 4" lift. plenty of slack in them. since they r only on my offroad rig, i think ill prolly just stick with them and use the $80 for the SS lines elsewhere.

NITRO

9. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I really like skyjacer lines there pretty cheap to I think it was $35 for my 6-8in lift front lines

10. swampblazer

swampblazer Registered Member

ive got the pro comp kit on my rig. its a personal fav. plenty of slack and no rubbing!

11. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

go with the napa, i did, the work great, fittings fit right on the caliper, i had a chafeing problem tho, so i fixed that with a sectino of old fuel hose, cut a slit down the middle and then fit it over the line, they work great as far as flex and stuff tho, plenty of slak, and you can get them at your local napa store, btw my rear napa line i think was alittle short, i used a extension bracket on the rear one, good luck, happy wrenching /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

12. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

Thanks for asking this question, and thanks to those that answered. I have been considering this as well since my 5" lift has my stock lines stretched to the max (the rig is still being built). I didn't know napa had extended lines and on my budget $80+ is hard to cough up for pretty stainless lines. I'm sure rubber lines will suit my needs just fine since I am not making a show truck and at under $20 a line they will be painless to replace.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I agree... my budget project wouldnt ever have brakes if I had to save up and spend 80.00 on SS brake lines.... just not possible right now.

So the Napa lines seem like a great alternative.

my question to everyone is what were your part numbers?
    there were these: 4138068 and 4136761
    and these: Front lines PN:38872 (this number seems too short) Rear lines PN:4138068 (same number as above)

Anyone else have numbers?

14. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

well I went to the napa website the 38872 Looks like this

[​IMG]

The 4136761 ones look like this

[​IMG]

I believe the difference is the Dana 44 or 10 bolt calipers. I used the 38872 on my 10 bolt IIRC. The 38872 is a few bucks cheaper too. It says the 38872 is 25 7/8" long.

The 4138068 is the rear hose. Hope this clears it up.

15. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Mine work great with 4" of lift, couldn't be happer. And yes even though the part # is short, it is correct :thumb:

[​IMG]

16. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I am still trying to find out what ones will fit my D-60

38872 :dunno:

38873 :dunno:

17. MTBLAZER89

Either one should fit the 60. They look to be the same on Napa's site 38872 and 38873. It lists a left and a right for each part #. I don't have my boxes anymore, but I'll check my receipt's folder tonight.

18. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I've got em'. Seem to be the perfect fit for my truck. I only have a 2 1/2" lift though. If you have a lot of flex and a 4" or higher I would not recommend them. Mine still get pretty close, but I have no sway bar and my front flexes pretty good. Just my 2 cents

19. MTBLAZER89

OK I was bored so I dug through my receipt's. I used the 38873 for both sides. Total came to $32 and some change. Both fit with no mods. This is on a 10B so should work on a 60:waytogo:

20. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I used the NAPA extensions. Fit b/t the bracket and the OEM brake line. Cheap and work great.