Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NAPA electric fuel pump question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by opfor2, Jun 12, 2006.

1. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has ever used NAPA's hi flow fuel pump? I want to change out my fuel pump on my 90 Blazer as a PM thing before it goes out on me. I figure with a 125K on it it's about time. I'm wondering if the 26 PSI and 15.95 GPM is a good thing. The add states: (Turbine Upgrade Over the Original Equipment Pump. This Turbine Upgrade Provides Optimized Fuel Flow Less Noise/Vibration a Lower Current Draw Longer Life Expectancy Improved Provability Economy and Performance over the Original Equipment Pump.)

thanks in advance

http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=BSH&PartNumber=N69238&Description=Fuel+Pump+(OE+Electric+In-Tank+Type)

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

you know, fuel pumps aren't really a maintenence item unless they are causing an issue...

3. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

True, an electric fuel pump may not be a PM item but after reading all the posts I think that it would be cheap insurance to change the original OEM pump with 124K on it before it goes out and leaves me stranded out somewhere inhospitable. I'm not complaining about spending fifty dollars for a replacement pump.

4. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Are you running additional fuel pressure? If you plan on future mods, upping the fuel pressure is a must...probably good idea with a stock motor too (a little more). I would think this pump would handle the increase in pressure for the lonf term better, but its hard to say. My stock replacement pumps handle 20 psi all day long...