Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Napa part# for extended brake lines to fit D60...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Checkin out the part# post in the bloody knuckle, In the 3rd post from the top, Muddytaz gave a part# for Napa lines for a 10b. These will work on my 60 right?

Here's the post..
    Clicky

Also found a # for banjo bolts- Motormite 313940. Where the hell do I get motormite stuff? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yes, 10 bolt and D60 use the same lines.

3. Zeus33rd

Coolio. Thanks for the reply Scott. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

4. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

77-78.5 Chevy D60s used the smaller 7/16 banjo bolts that match a Pre 78 Dana 44 front. Found that out while looking through my FIL's parts book, so thats what he got me so i wouldn't have to swap lines on my 75.

5. Zeus33rd

Ok, after 45 minutes at Napa with a very patient parts guy lookin through all the books, I discovered that the part # in the post in the BK for the 10b brake lines is NOT correct for a D60. There is no provision for a banjo bolt on either end of that brake hose. We searched through the book looking for a looong line with what looked like the right ends. Finally found one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ya have to cut this wierd lookin bracket off the line before ya bolt it on. Also, on the ouside of the frame is a little c-clip lookin thing that holds the stock line against the frame. Save that when ya remove it- it needs to go on the back side of the frame to hold the new one in. The line cost right around $50 for one.
    [​IMG]

The application for this is actually a '98 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 w/4 wheel anti lock brakes, 5.2l engine.

And this is the banjo bolt to fit a '84 D60 with metric threads-
    [​IMG]

The Napa guy and all the people behind me were pretty damn happy to see me go after 45 minutes of book scouring. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

$50 for one??? I think I'll stick to my $20 SS Braided AFCO Racing lines...

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

How exactly would a front brake hose connect to a 10 bolt front if it didn't have a banjo bolt provision? Are you sure you didn't get the part number for the rear extended line?

I have Napa #38872's on my 10 bolt front right now. They have a banjo bolt provision.

8. Zeus33rd

Yes. $50 for one. I didn't really have a choice. Small town dude. No where close to get anything like afco racing lines, And I wanted these today. Not gonna drive 60 miles for a brake line. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

9. Zeus33rd

[ QUOTE ]
    How exactly would a front brake hose connect to a 10 bolt front if it didn't have a banjo bolt provision? Are you sure you didn't get the part number for the rear extended line?

I have Napa #38872's on my 10 bolt front right now. They have a banjo bolt provision.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a quote from the part # post in the knuckle
    [ QUOTE ]
    Extended brake hoses that are 25 7/8" long will fit 10bolt from 89-2000 2wd chevy/gmc from right front but will work for both sides and can be modified to fit a D44.
    Part #'s:
    Napa - 38872
    Raybestos - 38872
    Auto Specialty - HB-86045
    Coni-Seal - BH-177767
    Carquest - SP8820

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats exactly what I thought when I saw the picture in the book. The picture showed both ends of the line, no banjo bolt hook up. Perhaps the book was incorrect or somethin. It was the 38872, I watched the Napa dude look it up. Anyways, these are like 34" long if I remember correctly.

10. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

How about the line he looked up was correct but was misboxed?

11. Zeus33rd

[ QUOTE ]
    How about the line he looked up was correct but was misboxed?

[/ QUOTE ]

That could be it too. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

S'all good though. This line is longer than the other anyways. And I did find another application that works. So where's my damn cookie? /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

12. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well I don't buy them around here either. I order them from AFCO and it takes 2 days. I'd rather wait 2 days than spend an extra $60 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif