Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NAPA Safety Stop brand VS. United Brake brand ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Mar 27, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

when it comes to NAPA avaialble master cylinders has anyone had any good or bad luck with either Safety Stop brand, or.. United Brake brand ?

both are brand new not rebuilt

safety brand is about 30 bucks cheaper than the united brand,,

wanted to find out all i can before making decision thursday on ordering one of the two

are either one really another brand in disguise,,-
    reboxed ? or ?

thanks for anything

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

nothing ?

what about O reilly's 40 buck new master cylinder ?

thanks

3. jwill

jwill Registered Member

Howdy...Trust me the United brand is much better. The SS pads are ok and better than the Tru Stops but if your wanting GOOD pads than the CMX series Uniteds. Or just the standerd AE series Uniteds are much better. I run a set of ceramix CMX series uniteds on my K5. But be aware that if you do with the ceramix you will want new rotors. Older or even newely turned rotors seem to eat them up. Ive sold these parts for years and years. We dont sell anything at the store that could come back as a return and cost us money. We barely get by as it is.

Jwill....Central Iowa

4. jwill

jwill Registered Member

CRAP!!! SORRY man. I thought you were talking about pads for some reason I spaced. THE SS master cyl. isnt bad and the United is built better by a long shot but its a hell of a lot better than a Tru Stop. You should be happy with the SS master cyl. ive never had one come back just a few defective Tru Stop's. Most of my fleet service customers buy the SS because of its price and warrenty...
    And no they arent the same in a different box. Thats another parts dealer that does that lets just say he is a little GREEN.
    Ive installed the SS series master cyl. on a late 70's caddy for a friends girlfriend and that was alsmost 7 years ago. As far as I know it still stops just fine in my driveway LOL.

Jwill...Central Iowa