Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Napa Spin-Flow filters/RETARDED MARKETING (update)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CyberSniper, Jun 19, 2004.

1. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The retard responded saying he wasn't spamming

Read my thread here on Off-Road.com

Napa hired a company to spam us. They're mostly targeting Toyota and Jeep websites.

I don't know about you guys, but I think it's rather distasteful to have people sign up on forums to spam. In fact, it [darn] PISSES ME OFF.

These are the usernames you're most likely to see spamming:
    baby80y
    babygal16
    Kangaroo
    pinkytoot
    bitbitmail
    Ki11aCraig
    hbkhhh69
    AL9045
    Flash
    Punkass452
    rebelentgroup
    pipay
    indygirl
    kernelrocks
    kediaankit
    walkingenigma
    TempTashon
    Jesquarius
    angel_luver
    CaityCait
    scottdowns

2. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Re: Napa Spin-Flow filters/RETARDED MARKETING

Pretty funny that you didn't get a response after you thrashed him. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah and the two posts were the only one he ever did, it didsound like blatant addvertizing good luck even mentioni /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifng that filter again!!!

4. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I like THIS ONE where "Dave" asks about the fiters and mentions the instant win contest, then "angel_luver" posts a few minutes later, and then 2 days later "baby80y" posts how good the filters are! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif They are all the same person /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. CyberSniper

It's amazing what people will do for a chance to win a $300 iPod Mini, eh? Yes, that's right, these freaks are doing all this spamming for a CHANCE to win an iPod Mini. They're competing against similar freaks for that chance.

Just what I want to do... spend hours a day polluting the internet with useless drivel and not even get paid for it. Just knowing that I'm making the internet a less friendly less pure form of information is enough for me to not do it. But these small-minded people can be lured with cheap consumer electronics. I can only imagine how hard they'd work for a night with a... since they aren't getting any such thing any other way.

I can't believe Napa would hire a company that does such shady advertising. It just gives me one more incentive to never buy anything from Napa again.

As a side note, the company does all sorts of different marketing. Mostly they do it for DVD releases of TV shows (Angel, Bernie Mac, Dark Angel, Family Guy, et cetera). They also promote singers like Sarah Atareth or whatever her name is and Godsmack.

They even have a list of all the University and College radio stations in the US. They have the call letters, station name, frequency, city, state, phone number, and email address for the request line. Yes, that means they pose as regular people calling in requests for their songs they want to advertise.

The only nice thing is that their websites must be maintained by the same jokers that work the forums because they practice "security through obscurity".

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

what forum ? this forum ? those spammers are part of this forum ?

im lost on this one

please elaborate

i had no idea napa has contests and stuff like this, humm

interesting

thanks

7. CyberSniper

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif