Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Narrow Dually

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kgillyk5, Dec 6, 2006.

1. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

Is this narrow dually have any draw backs for a tow/plow vehicle? Is it rated the same as the wider dually axle? Also, is there still 4' between wheel wells for loading plywood nekkid?

Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

It was probably a cab & chassis that had a standard bed added to it. Towing is usually rated more I think because of no bed. Don't know about the 4' bed but I do know that the 68 to 72 only had duallys with the standard bed, at least the ones I have seen. Don't know how they came from the factory though.

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

That's not a factory dually, at least not that bed. I would guess it's a C&C with a stock bed, or a C&C axle under a stock truck.

If the wheel wells are factory, yeah, there's still 4' in there ... but tire clearance is gonna be CLOSE on the inside.

I did that to my truck, actually spaced the wheels out 2" on each side farther than the C&C (regular hubs), and *still* tubbed the fenders in (maybe 2-3" each side) to fit the tires with some room.

http://www.slosh.com/dremu/backup-lights-redux-5.JPG

-- A