Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

narrowed front and installed pics axel pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Jan 22, 2004.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

well I finally got a pic up, but the stupid program keeps shutting the computer off so I will have to wait for more but....

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

today will suck too, arizona is getting rain and I need to pull the motor /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif:....what can ya do ehh /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

recent upgrades are, cross over, d-60 installed, 3 piece 39 inch break lines, more laterall bars for the cage, the front is narrowed, lights with a remote a new to me 14 bolt, and 1 new rear line because I always have to screw some thing up.

also a boat load of new parts on the 454...but that doesn't matter for now, I am pulling a 350 to get me buy for a couple of months and will rebuild the 454 /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

well off to go work in the rain /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

looking good, bro.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    what are your plans for a grill??

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Now thats some quality Work! Good pic.

Progress is good. In the light of Martha Stewart going to trial I would say "Its a good thing" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

That is really meanacing looking! Looks great! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Kris

6. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    today will suck too, arizona is getting rain and I need to pull the motor /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif:....what can ya do ehh /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What can you do? You could visit the local UPS man and get some parts shipped /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. supersize75

[ QUOTE ]
    looking good, bro.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    what are your plans for a grill??

[/ QUOTE ]

I have my old chrome grill that I could chop up /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif but I don't know If I am up for chrome /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

This is actually a temporary face lift, I just wanted to see if it will grow on me I have about 2 hours in that tops including the lights "I just took them off too" /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif, I have my tube ready to go for the front and rear I just need to get the motor problems behind me and then get crackin. Started playing with the bender this morning and it aint pretty /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I also just found a ton of old pics of the resto job...very funny /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

gd dude, i dunno what you do to be "self employed" but you must be rich... you do more mods in a month than I do in 2 years.

j

9. supersize75

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What can you do? You could visit the local UPS man and get some parts shipped /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

answer your phone /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

10. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I like it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Looks like you took a different approach at it than I did.

11. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

You're crazy man! I like it but now you have to do a nice one again /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

12. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I like it too. What did you do to the fenders, just bend them in? Looks like a kink on the upper portion
    Any side shots coming?

13. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Super size 75 I sent a pm to your email addy. we need to talk!!!!

14. supersize75

I laid those bad body on the ground and sawzawed the entire inner fender skin except for the part that mounts to the firewall, for the front I did some blind arc welding... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

then went back and put in bolts to do it right /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

for the bend I just cut some stress cuts so it would collapse and provide the bend I wanted, this is a all go no show mod for me seeing how little time it took, put a huge upgrade in my driving view, not to mention loosing the body lift in the front and getting the radiator back where it belongs /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Looking good!

16. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I do have to say, your work does amaze me. Not only for what it is but the time period in which all these changes have occured.

17. supersize75

I have ALOT of time on my hands, I go to work at about 3:30 in the morning and get done around 7-8:30 depending on what day it is, the rest of the day is wrenching or getting to know my sawzaw /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif oh and alot of time on here, it all works out for a well balanced day /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I just have so many things I want to do it's nuts!

next week I should have another post like this too, it just doesn't end! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

18. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I go to work at about 3:30 in the

[/ QUOTE ]

gawd, and i thought i got up early. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

19. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

You make me feel like I'm moving so slowly on everything of mine. I think your truck has gone from finishing Toyota lights, perfect body and paint to what it is now in the amount of time my '80 GMC has sat in the same spot. I havent even started or driven it since last May!

Maybe I should do what people keep telling me... stop trying to work on 20 projects at the same time. Maybe then Id get something done.

20. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I agree with you totally. I have to plan my projects because I don't get that much wrenching time with my rig living 50 miles from where I sleep at night. It's a pain in the ass but I swear I'm going to pull this off if it kills me.

I would dream of living where it's 80 degrees all the time and dry and every day is a good day to work on your rig. Between that, only having to work a few hours a day, and having my own garage to work in, it'd be a dream come true for me.